Firefox 3.6.4 (beta) is here

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Firefox has updated again, about three times in two months. Although this is a beta project, it's almost through testing, and is in the final stages of it. I've downloaded & installed it, it works fine. Thought I'd spread the word, it's a really good browser.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I'm running v3.6.3, did I miss something?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
They must be really pushing it now. I never seen it before, I've been running FF for over a year. I noticed it when I had to redownload 3.6.3, because removing Pale Moon (a FF clone) screwed up my add ons and bookmarks. I'm sure you know what you're talking about, they're just getting around to pushing it. It is a good browser, too.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
If you look at the top of the intro para, you will notice the date:
v.3.5.4, released October 27th, 2009

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Well, that's what I running now (3.6.4), and it's a fast, reliable browser.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Firefox 3.5.4 (beta) is here

Cat - the above is the title of the thread you started. Apparently you had a minor brain cramp!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Firefox 3.5.4 (beta) is here

Cat - the above is the title of the thread you started. Apparently you had a minor brain cramp!
Sorry, Nibiru. I thought I said 3.6.4. Those pain meds causes you to screw up once in a while. But I have a more serious issue on my hands, those hard drive screws keeps working loose for some reason.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
those hard drive screws keeps working loose for some reason.
The hard drive screws should be a "coarse" threaded screw. Once I had Maxtor put "fine" threaded screws in the poly bag instead of the correct ones. Luckily I had a huge collections of screws, hardware, etc., from over the years so I was able to get around that problem.

IF you have the correct screws, just go to the auto parts store and get some Thread Lok compound. It comes in various grades and strengths. DON'T get the stuff for brake calipers!

Get the stuff that the seal can be broken, if needed, with a screwdriver. It's anaerobic which means it cures without the presence of air. It's usually blue colored. Take out the screws put one drop on the threads of each screw, reseat the screws and you should be good to go.

I had to use some once on an old PC case I had where the screws would vibrate a little. Just be sure to let it cure before turning using the hard drive.

Reaction score
is this beta faster than chrome yet, and have they sorted out the UI? it's got some nice add-ons, but apart from that, Chrome seems to blow it away in every category.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
This beta is fast, I don't use Chrome (or any Google product), if I can help it. My personal preference. You can try it and see, you have nothing to lose.

Reaction score
Hmm, I'll give it a try. Out of interest, who no Google products at all? Not even search?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
No, I removed Google from the list of search engines, added Bing & ixquick. Ixquick is very secure, they don't keep record of every search you make, every forum you post on, etc. They offer "HTTPS" connections (where available), they are better than "HTTP" connections. HTTPS gives you the best security possible, like when banking, purchasing, checking email, etc. Nibiru introduced me to it, it's not the fastest search engine on the market, but offers more secure connections. This is the reason for the slight loss in speed. As far as Google goes, I don't want to start that long story all over again. I avoid using their services when I can, they have an upcoming OS (Linux based), I like a couple of Linux OS's, but would not run Google's OS if it was placed on a new laptop and given to me. Bing can do almost anything that Google does, and do it better. Many of the useless sites, Bing has filtered some out, but not all. I just don't like Google, period. They try to corner the market, and when Microsoft was attempting to buy Yahoo, Google stuck their noses in, and tried (successfully) to block the deal. Microsoft didn't appreciate that at all. But after the smoke cleared, Microsoft got what they wanted anyway, for next to nothing, Bing is Yahoo's search engine. That put Bing in second place easily, and by a large margin.:D

Ask a Question