Favorite Win 7 Feature

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Mine has to be Aero Peek it supercharges Windows' taskbar thumbnail previews Aero Peek lets you view, close, and switch between multiple windows by just hovering over the taskbar thumbnail, this is my most used Windows 7 features, whats yours ?

Reaction score
Second that Veedaz - I love the preview windows.

But it can be a bit annoying when your mouse drifts across the superbar by chance. Same thing with the hide desktop button in the corner. I decided to disable that one unless I click on it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The improved speed is my favourite feature, even it that is a bit vague and probably not the sort of feature you meant. I just find Windows 7 so much faster :)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Yes agree with you there Ian Windows 7 (and I'm on RC1) responds faster then XP or Vista, the complete UI is all round better :).

Reaction score
I like the new WDDM model and the MinWin-based stack/API manager.

Reaction score
I'm jealous! :lol: I'm still plodding along with Vista. Oh well, I plan to buy a new computer either this fall or after the 1st of the year. Getting anxious though!! LOL

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
As Ian commented. The improvement in the use of resources has enabled a huge jump from Vista and, to a certain extent, XP. For my own use, I cannot see any further way ahead in this area, be it Windows 8/9 or whatever.
But, whilst it could not, maybe, fit under the thread title, I think the constantly improving compatibility feature is a winner.

Last edited:

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I, too, love the Aero Peek feature. I also love the fast starts/shutdowns and the fact that everything I like to use is working in Windows 7 (drivers/programs/games).

Reaction score
I agree with all, it is a much better sys..and faster..notice that some of the bells and whistles are not on the RC version ..Video production for one .. they show a party video of how to import and make your own videos but this is very different on the RC..I am going to be short of time getting up to speed for the party as we go away for 3 weeks in a few days time.:)

Ask a Question