Everything Tech. Why you like it or not.

Reaction score
Starting it off. Basically what you have (or haven't) got, why you like it or not or what made you get something or not.

My iphone 3GS - First smart phone I've ever owned and love it's mutli-media capabilities, but I may not get another in the future as what I don't like is it's performance as a phone in poor signal areas and Apple locking it from sending text via bluetooth to another device (in this case my GPS unit).

Linux Mint operating system - Well it's free, that's a good start, installs very fast and is stable, fast boot and shutdown, no dicking about with drivers, getting better with each evolution. However I still cant use it exclusively as my main O/S as it (or I) lack the ability to optimize some features of my video graphics and there are some 3rd party programs I need to have which are not designed for Linux. For a basic home computer though it's nearly there.

Windows O/S - (in this case XP) until Windows 7 the most popular of all Microsofts O/S's. Biggest range of 3rd party software available and best selection of hardware.
Dislikes, after using Linux for a while I'd forgotten how painfully slow and tedious it is to install XP. Getting drivers downloaded, adding 3rd party software and it's quirky nature where something that worked fine last time just isn't happy next time you install it Still one of the best 'allrounder' O/S's about and a huge knowledge base for it.

Apple Computer and O/S - I love the look of the imacs and the O/S is very stable, they are no harder to use just a transition if your used to Windows. Too pricey for my wallet for what you get when you take into consideration you only get a 12month warranty.
Less choice of software if you compare it to Windows but the dedicated Mac owners seem to get along very well.. Really price and warranty is what stops me from getting a new one.

GPS Unit - I tried Uniden, Navman, Garmin and Tom Tom. Uniden and Navman not in the race in my opinion, Tom Tom and Garmin very close but in the end I got a Tom Tom and never regretted it.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
iROX HBR329 Weather Station, love this gadget and its better then the weather man :D

Main Console
• Weather forecast with symbols, sunny, rain, cloudy, cloudy + rain, snow
• Air pressure trend
• Interior temperature/air humidity
• Wireless receipt of the outside Temperature/air humidity (1 sensor inclusive, 3 max.)
• °C or °F
• Min./max. ones of the temperature and air humidity
• Channel Scan (automatic change of the announcement for the outside temperature between channel 1, 2 and 3 adjustable)
• Comfort zone announcement (Wet, Dry, Comfort)
• Radio clock with Swiss signal "HGB" for Switzerland and Continental Europe
• Date and daily announcement in 5 languages
• Crescendo alarm and Snooze function
• Waking time before alarm when temp. under 0°C
• Blue EL background lighting
• Battery "empty" announcement
• Battery operation: 2 x AA 1.5V
• Batteries included
• Table or wall assembly
• Packing in an attractive practical re-useable silver tin
• Temperature/air humidity measuring range inside: 0°C to +50°C, 25% to 95%
• Temperature/air humidity measuring range outside: -15°C to +60°C, 25% to 95%

Sensor
• Weather-protected housing with LED indicator and LCD
• Temperature/air humidity measuring range: -15°C to +60°C, 25% to 95%
• Transmitter calibration width: upto max. 30m in the free field
• Battery operation: 2 x AA 1.5V
• Batteries included

Dimensions:
• Weather Station: 179 x 90 x 29 mm

• Colour: Silver - black

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
iROX HBR329 Weather Station, love this gadget and its better then the weather man :D
Plus it's a hell of lot more accurate and it doesn't tell cheesy jokes! :lol: :tomato:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
:lol: ... only drawback ... no weather girls :D

Reaction score
Intel Core 2 Duo stock HSFs - Warning: Not to be used with the Core 2 Duo processor they come with due to poor thermals. Recommended usage in your local landfills!

Ask a Question