every game crashes after any install ?

Reaction score
i am talking about game that come with windows say chess titans, solitaire, hearts, and all other. they work fine after first install of windows but after installing any software (yes any, i tested it by reinstalling windows 5-6 times :() including but not limited to foxit reader, ccleraner, winrar, or even firefox, after one or 2 restart after installing that software (any of the one mentioned above) those games stop working. displaying error msg as "executable for (game_name say hearts) heats.exe has stopped working?
and as i just said nothing else is installed as i test it on very first/second boot after installing very first/second software.
I am really p*ssed :(.
someone please help me?
I dont want to switch back to xp .:confused:

Reaction score
Hi aaryan0077 - Welcome to w7forums

Can you tell us a little bit about your computer?
  1. Is it a store bought PC? If so which computer?
  2. Is it home built? If so which motherboard and graphics card do you have?
  3. And last but not least have you tried downloading the most recent drivers for your system? There are two ways Windows Update and the Manufacturer's Website.

Reaction score
Hi aaryan0077 - Welcome to w7forums

Can you tell us a little bit about your computer?
  1. Is it a store bought PC? If so which computer?
  2. Is it home built? If so which motherboard and graphics card do you have?
  3. And last but not least have you tried downloading the most recent drivers for your system? There are two ways Windows Update and the Manufacturer's Website.
My windows is build 7600.16384 (rtm)
My PC speicifications are :
2.50GB DDR2 660MHz RAM
Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU 1.60GHz
Intel 82945G Express Chipset family motherboard
Hitachi SATA 160GB HDD

Yes, I have all updated drivers..

Can you help now? :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
After a clean install, can you run one of the included games ok (for example solitaire)? It could be that one of the 3rd party applications is causing a problem.

Can you try a new clean install and test one of the games, then just update all your drives to the latest versions and test the games again. Then, install some of the 3rd party software in batches until the problem re-occurs. This should help pinpoint which app causes the problem.

Reaction score
ccleaner meddles irregularly in the windows registry that contains all windows programs settings. DO no install it!! Just try other trusted program.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Hmmm, I use CCleaner every day and zero issues on my end. Keep in mind I'm just running the basic scanner and not mucking with the programs more in-depth features.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, CCleaner works great for me too :)

Ask a Question