Error while installing Snow Leopard STP 1.5

Reaction score
Hi friends,
i've downloaded a Snow Leopard STP 1.5 pack & while installing it getting an error. here is the screenshot:
View attachment 1724

This is the link: http://www.winxsoft.com/stp/download.html

I followed all the instructions like:
disable UAC,Run As Administrator but can't figure out the reason for the error as it mention that c:\windows\modifype.exe couldn't be created as either i don't have the rights or drive is full & both are incorrect as I'm logged in as Admin & drive has more then 20Gb space.

Thnx:D

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
I'm afraid your screenshot isn't working (for me). I don't know if the missing ModifyPE.exe is included with your theme. There's a link to a download HERE. Just drop the ModifyPE.exe file into your C:\Windows folder.

Then try to install again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Elmer looking at the error i can say that the theme pack is trying to extract a file/folder named "Modifype.exe" & the worst part is that from where i got this theme its doesn't mention whether its for x64 or x32bit???

I'm not sure why the screenshot not working for you but i'll try the link you suggested & see if that work for us...

Reaction score
Elmer i got the Modifype.exe & copied in c:\windows but i couldn't follow the instruction on the website how to get this right??
it says open cmd & then change the filename but i couldn't get this right, so need some help on this...

Reaction score
Snow Transformation Pack FAQ
Here you can find answers to STP frequently asked questions
Q: What versions of Windows are compatible with STP?
A: The latest STP is compatible with Windows 7/Vista x86 and x64.

Q: Should I uninstall any previous versions of Transformation Packs first?
A: Yes, it's recommended that you install on a restored/unmodified system files.

Q: I can't download STP and getting "Authentication Required‏" error, why?
A: This problem occurs when you're using Download Accelerator Plus aka DAP, and it tries to download with empty referrer page. To fix this problem, first you need to clear the STP file from the download list in DAP > DOWNLOADS, and then try again here.

Q: I can't download STP and getting "403 Permission Denied" error, why?
A: This problem occurs when a download manager is not correctly integrated. You can temporarily disable your download manager or reintegrate it and then try again here. If you still unable to download STP from our site, then please download it here.

Q: I can't open the file after downloading it, why?
A: The file you downloaded is compressed, you must install WinZip or WinRAR or any other similar program of your choice, then you can unzip the file and run the installer.

Q: I can't start STP installer or my installation stops, what should I do?
A: Something in your system is conflicting with STP, try to install in Safe-Mode.

For further help, please refer to STP creator's website: WindowsXLive.net.
I'm not familiar with the software and can only suggest visiting the creators website.

Reaction score
Thnx that's lot of FAQ though i got no such issue as mentioned over here but the last option of installing it in SafeMode that never strike me...i'll give that a try & hope it work & if not then of-course last resort is referring to creator's website....

Thnx buddy Elmer

Ask a Question