Error Installed Windows 7 at Acer Aspire

Reaction score
Hello friends, a couple of days I decided to install Windows 7 on an Acer Aspire M1100.
Once you install the whole operating system, appears on the screen ruling: "Verifying DMI Pool Data".
I've been looking for forums about 5 days and I give the solution, if it finally can not install Windows 7, I hope that at least you can install Windows Vista or Windows XP without problems. Do you know the final solution for this? I am desperate. Would greatly appreciate your help or collaboration.
A greeting from Spain.
Javi

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hola jrodrigo! Como esta? Welcome to the Windows 7 Forum website! :ciao:

Have you done a clean install, booting from the DVD drive with the install disk?

If you're trying to do an upgrade install that may be your problem.

Try and give us some information if possible.

Gracias!

P.S.
The Acer website does not show any Windows 7 drivers for your model computer. You will probably have to go to the different chipset makers websites to get the drivers instead.

It does show Vista x64 drivers though, they may work for you. Some people have had pretty good success with them.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Repairing The Windows 7 Installation might fit it

1. Insert the Windows 7 DVD and restart your computer
2. Boot from the DVD.
3. Choose your language and click Next.
4. Click Repair Your Computer and then select the operating system you want to repair.

If that doesn't fix it:

1. Insert the Windows 7 DVD and restart your computer
2. Boot from the DVD.
3. Choose your language and click Next.
4. Click Repair Your Computer and then select Command Prompt and try the following commands (a single command might work, or you may need to use multiple):

bootrec /fixMBR
bootrec /fixBoot
bootrec /rebuildBCD
bootrec /scanOS

Note: there is a space before the /

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Try Cheetah's suggestions. They may work, but I think the problem is a corrupted Bios.
Is there a Bios update available for your computer, that could do it. But I would, first of all, I would remove the bios battery and zero the Bios.
After that, Reensure the proper sequence of boot devices in CMOS
Verify proper hard disk settings in CMOS

Reaction score
Hi,

Check the following steps to reinstall the windows 7 :

STEP 1- Hardware Requirements
Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 7 such as, 1 GHZ processor, 1 GB of memory, 15 GB+ or hand drive space and DVD R\W drive.

STEP 2- Data Backup
Insert CD or an external hard drive into CD drive and perform back up of your data for further use.

STEP 3- Insert Windows 7 CD
Insert Windows CD into your CD drive and click on the option “Install Windows 7”.It offers you with two options. One of the options is “upgrade” and the other one is “Fresh installation”. Click on “Fresh installation”.

STEP 4- Accept Terms and Conditions
After clicking on “Fresh installation” it prompts you accept all license terms. Read carefully all license terms and conditions and click on “I accept”.

STEP 5- Installation partition
Choose the installation partition to install Windows 7 O.S. It prompts you to select the particular partition, such as C drive to install you Windows 7 operating setup.

By following the above specified instructions, you will able to reinstall Windows 7 operating system efficiently in your system.

Get more information to install windows 7 on acer aspire :

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/59586-35-reinstall-windows-acer-aspire-netbook

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-no-disk/0eef18b5-ba35-4597-91a2-da4a2b36c4d5

Hope this information helps you.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Hi michel.
The thread is quite old now. Either the OP solved his problem, or has gone elsewhere.

Ask a Question