Specs:

Gigabyte GA-A55M-S2H

AMD A4 3400

4GB RAM

Western Digital 500GB HDD

Samsung DVDWBD SH-B083L ATA

RADEON HD 4670

AWARD BIOS v6

I wanted to have a dual boot setup using Windows 7 Home Edition and Windows XP (neither are OEM) using 2 partitions on the HDD. I installed Windows 7 first on a 150GB partition without issue. I then attempted to install Windows XP. Windows loaded the files prior to install then I got a blue screen with a message that Windows had detected an issue and had stopped the installation to save my computer with the following error code:

0x0000007B 0xF78D2524 0xC0000034 0x00000000 0x00000000

I spent some time researching online and every response suggested going into the BIOS and either disabling AHCI, change from RAID/Auto AHCI to Auto ATA or set IDE mode as default. I had a look through the BIOS and the closest thing I could find was

OnChip Sata Controller: Enabled
and
OnChip Sata Type: Native IDE

Can anyone help me obtain a dual boot system without this error message appearing?

Thanks,

Shantelle.

UPDATE: Someone suggested I needed to install XP first. I deleted both the 100MB system partition and Windows 7 itself, attempted to install XP but received the same error code.

Shantelle.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I managed to resolve my issue. Thanks to all who took the time to read my post.

Shantelle.

Ask a Question