Epson Printer 64 bit driver

Reaction score
:dontknow: I just got Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on my computer. Now my Epson Printer Stylus C82 won't work. I tried downloading printerdriverv5.5aAS with no luck. Are there any drivers out there that are compatible with my printer? Thanks for any info

Reaction score
This is what I keep getting if I try to print something. I try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer. It wont even run the cd that came with my printer. I get no "new device detected" or anything like that.

This error can appear if a default printer has not been designated or if the application is unable to locate an existing default printer. To correct this problem, try one of the following in Microsoft Windows:
If a printer is not available in the Print dialog box, add a printer.
If the application cannot find an existing printer that is already installed, set the printer as the default printer.
If a default printer is installed but the application is unable to use it, uninstall the printer driver, and then install the latest version of the printer driver.
If the printer is on a print server, make sure the printer is available, the network is functioning, the server is not stalled, the printer is not out of paper, or the printer is not suspended by the administrator. Printing issues associated with a network printer are best handled by your local network administrator.
For more information about setting up and troubleshooting printer connections, see Windows Help and Support. (Click the Start button, and then click Help and Support.)

Reaction score
Now I'm getting this: Function discovery print provider dll has stopped working. Does anyone know what this means? :(

Reaction score
Since no one is able to help I am going back to windows xp. My epson scanner wont work on win7 either. thanks anyways

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Well, that's too bad. It's not Microsoft's fault or Epson's that you're using old hardware that won't work.

We'll see ya down the road, or maybe on the side of it! :D

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I came here for help, not to be insulted.
It wasn't my intent to insult, just stating the facts. We have given you the solutions and recommendations. It's up to you to use them.

You're the one who was hasty in going back to Windows XP.

Ian's post gave you the solution, have you tried it yet?

Have you tried the Add A Printer Wizard in the Printers and Devices section?

Ask a Question