Endless Startup Repair boot loop

Reaction score
Shintaro

Hello sir....

What caused this "drama" was the fact i clicked on a link . that i have been using for a while for watching some of my TV shows that has been a good link to go to for myself and many others..

I did not provide the link publicly ( on this or any other forum) cause i didn't want others to have the same problems i have .. (its kinda known as maybe... share the protection.. so to speak)

as far as being able to hook up to Laptop .. ...not feasable..... given what you shown at the link provided..either phsically or financially

thing is as well.... i want to also find out WHAT CAUSED the problem .. so i can figtht it for not only myself but for others that may end up with the problem .. (and may go against Mods/forum rules)

Oh and URL can be provided ,,, if you guys want .. either in PM or here on forum..or at least i can give "bread crumbs" to get to it

also again the link MAY go against Mods/forums rules or i woudl provde it .

Reaction score
Shintaro

Cant send PM

Comes up with
Shintaro has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Shintaro from the recipient list and send the message again

Shintaro

Reaction score
That's not right, I have set my options to allow anyone to send me messages. Moderators???

Reaction score
Shintaro Re: Drama

also on a side note ..

the reason im som "dramatic" about what is goin on .. is the fact that my Desktop is my "work horse computer" compared to my laptop ..

my laptop is only brought out out of hiding .. unless I HAVE TO use it ... but it IS kept updated wsith all windows updates and office updates..,

Yeah yeah i knwo i SHOULD do images of my desktop .. ive heard it before,,,,and wil heat it many times again .. .. so spare me " keep updates" aspect...

i have the files that are important .. eihter on CD .. or Printed hard copy if need be ..

Shintaro

Reaction score
Can you try and send the PM again please. Trainable sent me a PM, so I know it works.

Reaction score
Still says

Shintaro has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Shintaro from the recipient list and send the message again

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I visited the site and ran the search but saw nothing odd on that results page. I didn't actually try the links but you didn't indicate you got that far.

I also forwarded the info to shintaro so we'll see if he picks up anything.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Don't know, Trainableman any idea's?

Trainableman's PM work. Strange.

Reaction score
PM's

unless i havwe some thing strange happening here ???

I sent PM to TM acctually i belive it was 2 PMS to him and one to you

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I can see nothing in either of your Profiles that would prevent sending/receiving private messages but I will pass this on to the administrator to see if he has any ideas. As I am a mod PMs may definitely function different between us.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry about the PM problems - I've had a look at the admin end and everything looks ok. I'll do a test now and see if I can get PM's sorted for you.

Thanks for forwarding the PM on, TM :).

EDIT: I logged in as a test user and still couldn't send a PM as a test user, so I did more digging and found the problem. It looks like the box marked "Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators" was ticked, so it was refusing PMs from non-mod members. Should be back up and running now :).

Shintaro

Reaction score
Thanks Ian, looks like a problem betwee the keyboard and the chair.:eek:

:beer:

Ask a Question