Easy Duplicate Finder -- Not Working on W7 64

Reaction score
Don't waste your money on Easy Duplicate Finder. It won't delete any duplicates found. It stop working as soon as you try to deal with the duplicates that it does find. As a duplicates removal tool, is completly useless.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Sorry, but I think the problem is with your system and not EDF as EDF works fine on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7. I've been using it for years. To be sure they did not recently break it, I downloaded and ran the latest version 4.1.0.156 and tried it here on this 64-bit W7 system. It found a duplicate file I created, and it properly deleted it when I told it too.

Reaction score
Sorry, but I think the problem is with your system and not EDF as EDF works fine on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7. I've been using it for years. To be sure they did not recently break it, I downloaded and ran the latest version 4.1.0.156 and tried it here on this 64-bit W7 system. It found a duplicate file I created, and it properly deleted it when I told it too.
Dear Digerati,

You just said it. You created a duplicate file. JUST one file. I'm talking about multiple files, literally hundreds or thousands of files, and it halts the computer. It did not work for me. I even bought the 3 computers license, so I did loss 49.99, that's a lot of money for a program that does not handle bundle of files.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I didn't say it didn't find more. It found 100s on my C drive and 100s more on my D: drive - as expected. But that is normal and by far, the vast majority should not be deleted.

I suspect you attempted to delete a bunch Windows needed.

Did you contact their tech support: http://www.easyduplicatefinder.com/support-ticket.php

Ask a Question