SOLVED Driver for Canoscan 8000F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
norpad, welcome to the forum! Ned is right, Windows Virtual PC w/XP Mode is your solution, if you have Windows 7 Pro or above. If you're running Home Premium, then there's another program, VMLite, which uses the same version of XP Pro SP3 that XP Mode uses. Go to the forum interface (that long black bar w/all the options), click Search, make sure that "threads" are entered, type "vm lite" w/o the quotes, go down to the 12th or so thread. It is "XP Mode in Windows 7 w/o hardware virtualization". Read the first post, and follow the directions carefully. Make sure that you install an AV inside of the program, after updating. Should you need further assistance, feel free to post.
I don't know if it is some difference between the Microsoft Virtual PC w/XP mode and the VMLite that is causing the problem or not, but I tried using VMLite and it didn't work. The twain drivers still don't work.

Reaction score
Works on Windows 7 64 bit inside Oracle VM VirtualBox

Here is how I made my CanoScan 8000F work on Windows 7 64 bit:
* Installed Oracle VM VirtualBox
* Created a virtual machine with Windows XP on it
* Installed old XP drivers for 8000F on this virtual machine

Reactions: DWJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question