driver epson stylus photo 950 printer Win7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Still looking for a 64 bit driver, my printer works fine from Vista on my old Sony Laptop, nothing I have been able to find on the Web will make it work from Win 7. Has anyone found the answer?

Reaction score
If Epson doesn't have a Windows 7 driver, the Windows Vista driver should work. Give it a try.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
G0GNA, If you go HERE there is a 64-bit Vista driver. Though it says there are no W7 drivers, you might try that 64-bit Vista driver. If the installer does not work the first try then right clicking on the installer, choose properties, go to the compatibility tab and set it to work as Vista SP2, then try to install again.

If that will not work then you your choice is likely a new printer or you could install a virtual Windows XP OS and probably use it in that OS with 32-bit XP drivers. If you have W7 Professional or Ultimate then Microsoft offers this Virtual XP mode free; but if not then you would have to own XP OS disks and you could use it with one of several Virtual Engines (See Virtualization in our Freeware DB)

EDIT: I didn't look close enough, there is no driver listed in the 64-bit choice. Kind of stupid they show the other items since the software is basically worthless without the driver. :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
EPSON Stylus Photo 950 Drivers

Thanks for your help, the 32 bit driver for Vista does not seem to be recognised by Win7 64 bit when I try to load it! Is it possible to fool it to work?
My system is an Acer Aspire X3990 Win 7 Home.

Reaction score
Look's like you're going to need a new printer. Epson only has a 32 bit driver for your printerI just got my Artisan 710 from them last year for $100. It's a multi-function I'd either put Windows 7 32 bit on your pc and use the 32 bit Vista driver or get a newer model. Or you could upgrade to Windows 7 Professional x64, which give's you a free download to XP mode. Which is a virtualized XP SP3 and just install the printer in XP mode and do all your printing that way.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Oh I didn't notice on the link I gave that even though it lists 64-bit it doesn't list a driver; sometimes that is because W7 has a default driver but it's not likely in this case. And unfortunately 32 and 64 bit drivers are not interchangeable (though sometimes a package may include both and will install the correct one but again not in this case) so I'm afraid your choices are ...
1.completely reinstall your system with W7 32-bit or
2.run a virtual 32-bit environment (like XP or Vista 32) and print from there ... which would be a bit of a hassle
3.buy a new printer

Reaction score
Yeah, aren't the hardware companies terrific. They could put out new driver's , especially due to the economy. No, they don't care and want more of our money. Just like why don't all the software companies put out 64 bit versions of the software they sell. By the time they get around to it 96 or 128 bit Windows will be out.

Reaction score
EPSON Stylus Photo 950 Drivers

Thank you all for your help, it looks as if a new printer is the only answer. Any recommendation on an equivalent to the excellent quality 950?
Windows 7 Compatible puts me in mind of a right hand drive car, it is compatible with UK roads where we drive on the left, it doesn't mean it has an engine in it!

Reaction score
Anything from a Epson Artisan 710 will work. They're affordable and it has seperate ink cartridges for the various color. Just make sure when you repurchase ink to order it from Amazon. Newegg usually is out of it. I tried ink cartridges from Ink Farm that were specifically for my Artisan 710 of there own brand and they wouldn't all be recognized. Just a forewarning. For Epson Artisan's use the Claria 98 ink instead of the Claria 99 ones. The 98's are high capacity and last longer. The 99's don't last long at all. They're what my refurbed Artisan 710 arrived with from Epson. The 99's lasted 1 week, the 98's have lasted a few month's now.http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/ProductCategory.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=-8182

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
brkkab, the Brits don't really have access to Newegg. They probably do have an Amazon.UK but their choices are likely European models. Just like the cars steering wheels are backwards, when their printers are at rest the ink cartridges probably sit on the right :p

Reaction score
i forgot and didn't even think about what country you live in. I didthink of something else that you should think about, so you're not in the same situation again next year. Windows 8 or whatever they finally name it is coming in either fall 2012 or early 2013. My bet's October 2012, before Christmas shopping begin's. You definitely need to make sure the printer you purchase, is going to be compatible with Windows 8 also.Did you look at the link I put in my post ?

Reaction score
Epson Stylus Photo 950 drivers for Windows7

Install Virtual PC and Windows XP for Virtual PC and install drivers from original CD. Print from vitual PC. Clunky but means you don't need to throw the printer away.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Gill, this thread is almost a year old, if he was going to throw it away then I'm sure he did so by now.

However your other advice might offer an option to the next person that finds this thread while searching. So thank you for your post.

Closing the thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question