Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs

Reaction score
NeoSmart Technologies is hosting a copy of the Windows 7 Recovery Disc for your convenience. It's a 143 MiB download (165 MiB for the 64-bit version), and in the standard ISO format, ready to burned directly to a CD or DVD.

What it does: The Windows 7 Recovery Disc can be used to access a system recovery menu, giving you options of using System Restore, Complete PC Backup, automated system repair, and a command-line prompt for manual advanced recovery.

What it doesn't do: You cannot use the Windows 7 Recovery Disc to re-install Windows - it only fixes (not replaces!) Windows.
More details and links are found here - http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep - good idea.

The more people who see these threads - the better.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Yes, I just got through posting this, too. You're right, SIW2, about more people seeing these threads. Because it's not a question of if, but when, that we need this disc. No matter what OS or "distro", at some time we all have needed a boot/repair disc. With XP Pro, it was a simple matter of starting up, hurrying to push F12, and throwing in the reinstall disc. That's if you had a Dell, anyway. This is Win 7 and I'm on an HP PC, so no such reinstall discs came with it. But it did offer to make a similar disc to the one mentioned above, so I made it. Now I have two different ones, if one doesn't work, the other will.

Ask a Question