Download older newsgroup posts in Windows Live Mail

Reaction score
How do configure WLM to grab older newsgroup posts? By default, WLM grabs the last 300 messages. I bumped that up to 1000 via tools->options->read->news get 1000 headers at a time.

I have news groups that have been around for years, with 1000's of posts. I would like to get those much older posts. But, I can seem to find the option to grab the older posts.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know if this will work, but if you right click on the group and go to synchronisation settings > all messages, then press F5 to sync all. That might do the trick :).

Reaction score
yeah, I had already tried that. It still will not go past the first post is downloaded. For example today is 4/1/10. When I subscribed to the group and sync'ed it, it grabbed posts from 4/1/10 back to 3/12/10. I tried every download and sync option I could find, and it will only download newer posts - it will not grab anything earlier than 3/12/10.

Ask a Question