Double Sync with mapped NAS?

Reaction score
I'm using a QNAP Network Attached Storage in my home network as a mapped drive Y: Now with Windows 7 Professional, I have set up a Sync Partnership to have the Y: drive offline available on my PC. It now looks like it's synchronizing twice, once under the Network name "FLEUTI" and once under the Computer mapped drive "PUBLIC (\\192...) Y: At least it constantly overflows my harddrive with >70 GB data in the offline location where the NAS only has a total of 39 GB data.

See attachment (NAS): "Network > FLEUTI > Public" seems to refer to the same location as "Computer > Public (\\....) (Y:)". Both are marked for offline sync. And both are displayed in the Sync Center as Partnerships (see attachement Sync) and if synchronizing, then my HD is flooded.

=> Do I need both references to this (same) location?
=> If not, how can I remove one - and which one?
=> How can I make sure I only get the NAS made offline once?

Thanks for support!

Attachments

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
As it happens, I've also got a QNAP NAS which is sync'd - but I don't have this problem. There's no need to have both set up as sync partnerships, so you can try to remove one of them by browsing to the offline folder, right click > properties > offline files > uncheck "always available offline" > ok.

If that doesn't do the trick, try mapping the drive using the full share name rather than the IP address (i.e. //FLEUTI/Public instead of //192.168.0.3//Public).

Reaction score
Thanks; well, deleting a snyc partnership is not offered, but taking folders away from offline-availability works; however, results didn't really work (although I found out how to delete offline chache).
I then mapped the NAS with full name "FLEUTI" - bad luck. Now nothing syncs anymore and the IP address reappeared in the Network list (see attached image): On left: Network mapped NAS "FLEUTI". In middle: reappeared IP-address with NAS. On right: Folder under the "Computer":
- how can I define just 1 address to the NAS (and which one)?
- and set up one sync process that works?
Thanks for support.

Attachments

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's strange that the IP address has appeared in your network list - I've only got the full NAS name appearing on mine.

Have you updated the NAS firmware (I know that one of the old 3.x versions had a bug with syncing via Samba, as this caused problems for me).

Can you try removing the sync partnership, unmap the drive and then turn the NAS, Router and PC all off and back on again - just to try and clear that 2nd entry for the NAS on your network list. Then, map the drive again and add the sync partnership via the mapped drive only.

Reaction score
thanks, I'm working on it. Also strange that I couldn't delete all offline files in the CSC; about 15 GB remain in there, no matter how hard I try....
We'll see.

Ask a Question