Do You Want To Open Or Save This File

Reaction score
I struggled for two years with "Do You Want To Open Or Save This File." I posted on many web sites for help but although there were several posters who gave advice, NOTHING helped. I called in the Geek Squad and when he said he could fix it for $300 I sent him on his way. I have no idea how this got onto my computer in the first place, but there it was and the files that contained this question would not open. A computer person came to my home, backed up my files on my computer and for safety sake I additionally backed them up on a DVD. He then deleted everything on my computer and rendered my computer a "new" computer. He then put all of my files back onto my computer (without the "Do You Want To Open Or Save This File) and now all is well and all of my files are open. I realize this was a roundabout way to get rid of this problem but it worked. Is there anyone out there who had this problem and if so I would be interested to know how you resolved it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Sounds like either you were infected with a virus or possibly had some weird corruption in your registry or OS files. Either way a fresh install is a good way to resolve it.

Ask a Question