Do you honestly think Windows 7 is poorly written?

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
There are some that report to have it running on P3s. But that is not the norm and I sure would not attempt to upgrade an older PC if it were my primary PC. But for a fun project/challenge, why not? You can always fall back on Linux.

Reaction score
There are some that report to have it running on P3s. But that is not the norm and I sure would not attempt to upgrade an older PC if it were my primary PC. But for a fun project/challenge, why not? You can always fall back on Linux.
Oh yea. Doc Brown over at sevenforums.com had many projects like that inlcuding P3s during the beta testing stage. He always was saying how it runs well for what it is. It's a great thing how MS made this OS for all ranges of pcs.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I should add, that, digressing a little from the thread, Vista introduced many desktop changes, in basic key clicks and navigation. This also gave them some nad publicity. Microsoft obviously (in their opinion) felt the changes were long overdue. Reading help pages indicates this very clearly. Those who migrated directly from XP to Windows 7, are posting up the same complaints, or queries, on "How do I...etc" as did new Windows Vista users a couple of years ago. The transition from Vista users to Windows 7 was much smoother.
Regarding my earlier mention of the volume of help requests. I have been absent from this site for e period of 24 hours, +/-. This morning, when I opened up, there were 134 "New posts". Not a single one was requesting any help with the OS. The same statistics can be approximately seen on other sites. Surely this is an indication of Windows 7 success?

Last edited:

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Surely this is an indication of Windows 7 success?
I am sure it is. And you are right too about transiting from XP to Win7 vs XP to Vista to Win7. There is definitely a steeper learning curve if XP users never became acclimated to Vista first. But that's hardly a "fault" of Win7.

The bad publicity (discounting the bashers who bash Microsoft just to bash) is due much in part because Vista's changes were clunky and not refined. Win7 is what Vista should have been.

But not all the blame goes to MS - hardware makers and security software makers did a lousy job at releasing timely and stable Vista drivers and security support.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I am sure it is. And you are right too about transiting from XP to Win7 vs XP to Vista to Win7. There is definitely a steeper learning curve if XP users never became acclimated to Vista first. But that's hardly a "fault" of Win7.
I dabbled a little bit in Vista, never liked it though. I find Windows 7 to be very intuitive, at least for me it is. (Must be that alien implant! LOL! )

Win7 is what Vista should have been.
This statement has echoed around the internet quite a bit. But it's TRUE! MS certainly learned a lesson on Vista that's for sure!

But not all the blame goes to MS - hardware makers and security software makers did a lousy job at releasing timely and stable Vista drivers and security support.
Very good and accurate statement, I believe both sides of the table learned a lot from the Vista debacle. In addition, MS starting releasing BETAs a lot earlier which helped the hardware & software people get their "stuff" together.

Ask a Question