Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding

Reaction score
I have just installed win7 and I'm getting problems with it.
Whenever I play games after 2-5mins I get a black screen and a pop up saying "display driver windows kernel mode nvlddmkm version 195.62 has stopped responding and has recovered"
This is very annoying because i never had any such issue with win XP
I have the latest Nvidia drivers 195.62 but i can't fix this, i also tried to reinstall drivers in safe mode but I'm still having this issue.
I also ran memtest86+, my RAM has no issues.

Can anyone help me?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi yowanvista, welcome to the forums :)

Have you tried a slightly older driver to see if that helps the problem?

It looks like a few people have had this problem, and one irate user has even create a blog on the topic with a few suggestions : http://www.nvlddmkm.com/

Do you get any extended error data in event viewer?

Reaction score
This error is always unrelated to video card driver in use. It may be from heat, other drivers for other devices on the system or incorrect bios settings.

If you ever have had bsod, please go to C:\Windows\Minidump

Zip the contents there and attach to a post using the paperclip. I can have a look for you.

If you're overclocking your cpu/ram, this is the cause.

Reaction score
Yes I've tried other drivers but none can eliminate this error
My card does not overheat, it stays below 60C
I don't get any BSOD, just pop ups saying nvlddmkm error.
All BIOS settings are set to default
My system is not overclocked

In the event viewer it is listed that the display driver nvlddmkm has stopped responding and has recovered.

Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out this for a while.

So far I've tried everything that anyone with half a brain would try, and any forums I've posted in for help has given me the same half-witted explanations of what is going on, even from Nvidia, Also this problem has been happening with all their driver releases up to and including 195.62, we have all tested our memory, all have removed sticks to try it out, I've done everything. you know what solves it? buy an ATI card I have 2 computers both suffered the same problem and the one I replaced with the Radeon 4890 works with no problems, the Nvidia one still crashes randomly. Since the Nvidia tech's are sharing an I.Q point I went back to ATI problem solved.

Give it a try, It works.

Ask a Question