disconnects from internet

Reaction score
I recently installed windows 7.since then my computer keeps disconnecting from the internet. This happens most frequently when I am using the site moneysupermarket for some reason. ( I have been using this site to compare mortgage rates I dont know wether this is relevant or not). I need to reboot every time it happens and this fixes things, I can go on to other websites ( such as this one) without problems I do not have to turn the router off and on to repair things. hope you can help thank you

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi nireman, welcome to the forums :)

What sort of internet setup do you have? For example, is your computer connected to a wired or wireless ADSL modem/router?

Does the network icon in the system tray provide any more information when the site disconnects? Sometimes it will offer a "repair" option and I'd be interested to know if this repairs your connection temporarily.

Reaction score
Hi nireman, welcome to the forums :)

What sort of internet setup do you have? For example, is your computer connected to a wired or wireless ADSL modem/router?

Does the network icon in the system tray provide any more information when the site disconnects? Sometimes it will offer a "repair" option and I'd be interested to know if this repairs your connection temporarily.
My system is a wired router, I tried to fix it with the ondoard diagnosis that appeared, It said the default gateway was not accessable but it did fix it.however after a few more pages of browsing it disconnected again.I do notice the the moneysupermarket and a couple of other websites I have this problem with seems to have quite a number of pop ups trying to load. i hope this helps

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Have you tried do a hard reset of the router by pressing the reset button on the back panel? This will reset it to factory default settings.

Have you updated it to the latest firmware?

Reaction score
Have you tried do a hard reset of the router by pressing the reset button on the back panel? This will reset it to factory default settings.

Have you updated it to the latest firmware?
I have done these things ,the problem does not seem to be with the router.
the only thing I can see is that it happens most when there are pop ups on the website being blocked

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
If you're using Firefox browser, you can install the AdBlocker Plus plugin which will knock out the annoying pop-ups.

Ask a Question