disable administrator from log on screen

Reaction score
I am using Win 7 64 bit home premium edition, and I'm a novice...or at least I think I am. I took my computer (HP Pavilion dm4 1065dx) to a fix-it place because it was running slowly and also because I couldn't log on: forgot password and fingerprint reader was disabled. <---- I was the one who disabled it accidentally, when trying to improve the speed...disabling unnecessary start up programs. See? Novice!

When I got it back, instead of just having one log on icon, there was the administrator log on. As I understand it, this is disabled by default, so the guy who worked on my computer felt the need to place that on the sign in screen, I'm assuming, to help him log on. Anywho....

How can this be disabled, the administrator log on? It isn't that big of a deal, but what I'm attempting to do is get the fingerprint reader to work with my account, and right now it just works with the administrator account. I've tried deleting all fingerprints and beginning fresh but to no avail. I log on using my account (not admin), then set up the fingerprint reader, and the fingerprint reader only opens the administrative user account.

Soooo....I'm thinking, if there isn't an administrator log on, then the fingerprint reader MUST recognize my log on as the only one and then it will recognize my fingerprint.

Reaction score
Well.... I give up. No one seems to be able to answer this question. Oh well. Some things are just too difficult, or too simple to bother with I guess.:dontknow:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Try this How-to-Geek to disable the administrator account. Be sure you are logged on to your own account and that your account has admin privileges.

Reaction score
Thank you for the assistance. I did as instructed from How to Geek and not only did the administrator log in disappear, so did the log in for personal user (me) , as well as the simple pass identity. In other words, it skipped all log ins and went straight to my desktop. Hummm.....don't know if I like this or not. It does speed up getting to the desk top, however the security is null and void.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You can set it so you have to logon. Type NETPLWIZ into the start-search bar and run it. Check the box next to "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"

Ask a Question