Direct links to files suddenly appear in taskbar.

Reaction score
This computer has several accounts. One account was left logged in when user left. Now at the end of the day the taskbar for that account has icons to all desktop icons and other programs the user does not use. I had no idea how they got there. I can't unpin them. There is no menu option to unpin them. In fact if I right click the icon I get a menu item to pin it. If I try to delete the icons I get a message about system privileges needed to delete the file. If I right click the icon it has a properties menu selection and that lists the actual file as a direct target. I am afraid to delete the icons because it seems that if I do so I will be actually deleting the file.

Does anyone know how this could have happened and how I can get the icons off the taskbar?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
If system restore is not possible, then save the files you want > delete the user account > re-create same user account.

Ask a Question