Difference between US and EU hardware

Reaction score
Hey chaps
just wondered if theres any difference between hardware bought from the US and their EU equivalents.
this is specific to RAM and Graphics Cards, but other info would be much appreciated also.

EDIT: Lets make this a multi subject thread. This here is my upgrade list:

Processor: AMD Phenom II 940 Black Edition Deneb 3.0ghz AM2+
RAM: 2x2 240pin 1066 (havent chosen a particular brand yet)
Graphics: HiS ATI Radeon HD4870 1GB Crossfire Ready (if i have enough to get 2 at the same time...)
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Delux
A black suit.

Parts kept:

PSU : 700W something.
HDD : 350GB 7200 samsung something
Optical drives : CD/DVD burner, DVD player, multi card reader
Case: Xclio something something.

My main query is related to wether if i get certain products from the us (gfx and ram, prolly the processor too) do they differ from the EU versions? is there a reason why the UK seems hellbound on overcharging me?

ALSO im looking on advice for Mobo and Ram, since I dont REALLY know enough about them/various companies to make an edumacated guess.
Please dont tell me to go Intel also.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There isn't any difference between hardware sold anywhere in the world, so a graphics card from the US world work just as well in the UK. The exception to this would be things that need an external power supply (as this can change in each country), and things such as TV tuners and Wireless network cards which may work a little differently. :)

Do you have a budget for the parts you are after? I'm sure someone here will be able to recommend some good hardware that fits the bill!

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and better title change there Ian haha. Erm not really, right now Im gunna pick the items i want, and just save for them, whatever the cost.Thats why Im not going for e.g. the ATI HD 5xxx series.

The last issues with my list are the mobo and RAM since I dont know enough about them to choose.

Im looking for a mobo with socket AM2+ and wide PCIE placement for crossfire. Thats about it for my requirements lol

Reaction score
wow. no1 have any info to impart regarding any good mobos or RAM choices?
slightly dissapointed i must say.

Reaction score
How does your opinion differ if I told you that socket AM2+ was a dead socket? It will never receive any further upgrades, it doesn't support DDR3, and it will eventually get dropped some time in 2010?

Reaction score
@ clifford. Apparently RAM prices are gunna drop again soon? something to do with korean markets or something....i cant remember the article i read.

@Thrax. I would probably postpone my upgrades for a while then, and start looking at other processors and mobos. AM3 are expensive right now, no?
(also saw your tweet on the PC giveaway over at Icrontic - sweeeet.)

Ask a Question