Deleting previous downloads

Reaction score
In my documents I have a file called downloads and if I click properties, it shows previous versions of downloads. How do I delete these previous downloads in windows 7 as there is no point in having them

Thanks

Alexam

Reaction score
I am assuming you use Fire Fox. Why can't you simply right click and delete?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome Alexam! Is this on the "previous versions" tab?

These are copies of the files made when you run a Windows Backup (or System Restore) that show you alternatives that you can restore.

I guess you've made a backup at some point (very good plan :D), and those are just possible files that you can recover.

Reaction score
I am assuming you use Fire Fox. Why can't you simply right click and delete?
I use Google Chrome and if it was that simple I would have done it already, but thanks.

The deletion can work on the present download, but not on 'previous downloads' accessed by the properties route. There is no 'Delete' available when in the previous section.............. any other ideas woukld be appreciated.

Alexam

Reaction score
Welcome Alexam! Is this on the "previous versions" tab?

These are copies of the files made when you run a Windows Backup (or System Restore) that show you alternatives that you can restore.

I guess you've made a backup at some point (very good plan :D), and those are just possible files that you can recover.
Thanks for the info but if I want to make backups, then I do it on a seperate disc. In this case I want to delete the 'PREVIOUS DOWNLOAD' files and would like to know how that can be done.

Alexam

Ask a Question