SOLVED Corrupt tasks in Outlook 2007

Reaction score
Hi Experts - I have a client that uses MS Outlook tasks extensively (in that it is used as a CRM containing a full history of client contacts, next steps, embedded electronic faxes, .pdf and word documents in order to create a sequential trail of all discussions).

System Environment
Exchange 2003 (in SBS)
Office 2007 running from Terminal Server 2008 (fully service packed)
Mailbox size for user in question is ~800MB

The issue lies in that there are random tasks that appear to be scrambled ie
a. Attachments not only were in the wrong places, but
also had swapped names - so the file name of a opens document b.

b. The sequential text (date then file note) has become mixed up.

For the most part Outlook is operating normally other that this random scrambling of tasks.

I cant see any other posts that are remotly related. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Use Scanpst.exe...

After scanpst opens do following:

1. Click Browse and browse to the location of the PST. Or paste the following line in the File name field and click Open. This will open the default PST location in the file browser.

%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

This path works in all versions of Windows if Outlook created the pst in the local application data path. If you moved the pst or Outlook 2010 created the pst file in My Documents, you'll need to click Browse.

2. Select your PST from the list (most people will have just one) click Open, then Start to begin testing the PST

When ScanPST is finished running the tests, a dialog reports the errors found.

Reaction score
Outlook PST Recovery tool is an advanced utility that can be used by MS Outlook users in effectively repair your all Outlook PST file. It is capable of restoring all Outlook PST items such as emails, notes, tasks, draft, calendars, contacts, journal and all other items in PST file. Get more information, visit to:- mannat software

Ask a Question