Control Panel that does not Control?

DOA

Reaction score
I need to configure a Logitech mouse. This will be simple - NOT
Logitech does not give out a driver, installers only and they keep failing on my Win7 64 system. Vista and XP 64 and 32 bit installers also fail.

I wish could tell Win7 to use a specific driver, but it fails to find one in the Logitech file.
I also cannot tell the Control panel directly what mouse I have. For some reason it shows the USB receiver, not the mouse. Not sure about others, but I need to control devices attached to USB, not the USB bus itself. Perhaps it is because USB is not native to Windows?

Reaction score
What exactly are you looking to configure? Logitech mice are standard USB HID devices, which mean the generic Windows drivers (USB is native to every operating system) works just fine 9.9/10 times.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I had no issues installing my Logitech programmable mouse & keyboard (I am running Windows 7 64 bit). What is the model number of your mouse and is it just a mouse or a mouse and keyboard combo?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Three different logitech mouses. They all work 100% in Windows 7, without modification?

Ask a Question