Contents of file gone / Pasting problems

Reaction score
I have: Windows 7 Home; Windows Live Mail Essential 2011; Firefox

Could someone help with these 2 glitches please?:

(1) Many times out of the nowhere I get this message: “Message Cannot Be Found” and the contents of the file is gone! (I'm attaching screenshot)

(2) When I paste text right under a previous text, even 2 lines below...it jumps up above the previous text line. I have to place the cursor 3 or 4 lines below and then move it back up...

Why are these and how to fix?

Thanks ever so much for any help! :) Adela

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It's hard to understand what the problem is exactly, but you could have a corrupt Windows Live Mail installation

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't use Windows Live Mail but if I were to offer hunches. The message not found could either be a corrupt database (try compressing it if that option is available) or it could be that WLM doesn't download everything from the web to your computer so maybe it has to retrieve it from the internet?

As for pasted text getting pulled into the previous paragraph I would suspect it is your text/page formatting.

Hopefully Dave or another WLM user can come along and answer your question more definitively.

Reaction score
It's hard to understand what the problem is exactly, but you could have a corrupt Windows Live Mail installation
Hi and thank you Ace. It could well be since WLMail is full of .... glitches!!! I made myself a list of them and am trying to ask them one or 2 at a time. I'm terrified of uninstall/reinstall...

Thanks for trying to help! :) Adela

Reaction score
or it could be that WLM doesn't download everything from the web to your computer so maybe it has to retrieve it from the internet?
Hi TrainableMan and thanks for trying to help even though you don't use WLMail. My incoming files are retrieved from the server's website, but these "disappearing" contents of file, were already transferred to my email as they are in my Inbox, or any other folders. It's a puzzle of the worst kind! lol!

As for pasted text getting pulled into the previous paragraph I would suspect it is your text/page formatting.
This could well be and I'll check it as soon as I learn where to find it... :)

Thanks again! Adela

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I am still puzzled with your previous thread, concerning Windows Live Mail.
But, the "Message cannot be found" is the result of one of these problems.
1. The Email, in particular the attachments, have not completed the download correctly
Open the Options - Safety options Security tab. See if you have the "Do not allow attachments to be..etc" UNticked. And under "download images" have both items UNticked.

2. Open your antivirus program, and disable any email scanning function you find there. This is particuarly with AVG, Norton or Mcafee.. Unfortunately it is sometimes needed to actually uninstall the antivirus program - particuarly Norton, which tends to clicng to its customisation.

If these two d´have no effect. Create a new, duplicate, account, with the same details. Mark it as the default and see if your problem has gone away. This solution may also solve the typing and pasting problem. The latter I do not understand, as it has no relation to Live Mail.

Reinstall? Well, for personal reasons, I am constantly installing and reinstalling programs and my entire OS. What I have done is this.
I have created a Folder on my second hard disk (Called Mailbox, but anything goes) Under Options - Mail Advnaced tab - Mainteneance, I have pointed to this folder as my default. Whenever I reinstall, I redo this procedure, and Live mail picks up all the previous boxes, unscarred, and carries on. In your case, if you care to follow that procedure, you can reinstall Live mail without worries.

Aside. I cannot offer anything regarding your pasting problem, other than the above. I am unable to replicate it.There are no formatting rules in KLive Mail which could create that effect.

Ask a Question