Computer with win 7 disconnects from internet frequently.

Reaction score
Just bought a new computer with windows 7 thats connected directly to a wireless belkin n300 Router. There's another computer in the house with vista that's connected with the wifi and doesn't get disconnected. Rebooting is the only thing that gets the connection back. I think it might be related to a few programs I recently installed, Steam autodesk 3ds max 2012, Mudbox 2012, and sketchbook 2011.

So far I've tried updating the routers firmware, setting static IP addresses, Turning off windows firewall and connecting directly to the modem. No change.

Reaction score
Dear you will have to check one thing but first see Windows 7 has built in application that detect the wireless signals and user connects from through that application. It usually present in system tray with icon of bars. Some time if you get disconnection, then your laptop must have company provided wireless detection application e.g. Dell has it's own application, lenovo has Thinkpad wireless connection manager. So check if your system has two application running together then delete profile from any one. Then try.

Ask a Question