Classpnp.sys, black screen during startup repair and during boot

Reaction score
Hi I have 3 years old Toshiba L300-D.
1 year back I upgraded vista to windows 7 Home premium.
3 days back I had problem - my starting windows page was hanged and was not proceeding forward, also All types of safe mode was getting stuck on classpnp.sys.
After reading many forums I booted with USB (mounted with windows 7) and used command prompt and deleted all "pcmcia" realted files from C drive. Now using F8 function
I can't use any option (all option safe mode, low resolution, startup repair,etc won't work, even changes in Bios setting won't work). Also now while booting my PC with USB, after starting windows page, black screen appears with white arrow and it won't go further this black screen so now I can't even use command prompt & Installation option .
Now I don't know what to do :(
Any help will be appreciated :)

Reaction score
Well being that files have been deleted on purpose in C, and maybe corrupted naturally because of this whole issue the F8 menu wouldn't be accessible because it relies on the Operating System to be working. that should not interfere at all with the bios settings though, have to look at that later. so on the black screen issue now, is there a dvd in the drive trying to boot? any OTHER peripherals, printers, usb sticks, ipods etc remove it all and try again but also JUST having the usb plugged in can cause this screen! so try just F12 and boot to usb. also this corruption could be hard drive failure because ive replaced drives on the black screen issue depending on the circumstances, does F12 work for you to run diagnostics?

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Booting your PC with USB? You have the OS installed on your USB drive? Or your HDD? Change the boot order to boot from HDD first otherwise. And have you created a system repair disk?

Ask a Question