Can't print from Internet Explorer

Reaction score
I am unable to print preview or print the pages that I have opened in Windows Explorer.
If I switch to Google Chrome, and open the same pages I have absolutely no trouble.
Also if I am using Outlook, I often cannot open some of the PDFs that are attached to incoming messages.
Help
Scotty1947

Reaction score
I'll pave the road for the experts to help you out..................

1. Since you made reference to Google Chrome, I think you meant Internet Explorer, not Windows explorer. They are 2 different animals.
2. On that supposition, which IE ( internet explorer ) version you are using? IE10 or IE 11 ?
If you are using IE11, did you have the same issue when you were using the older IE version?
If no issue with the older IE version, perhaps you may consider uninstalling IE11, and revert back to the previous version ?

3. You mean Microsoft Office Outlook. Yes ?
If so, which year version ?

Reaction score
If you are using IE11, did you have the same issue when you were using the older IE version?
To add to the topic, IE11 was a critical update with Windows Update and may have been automatically installed. If this is the case the user may not even know IE11 has been installed. If IE11 is uninstalled, it will need to be hidden or else it will likely be automatically installed again.

I've had a few issues with IE11 automated installation myself and uninstalled it on three machines. I've hidden the IE11 update on all my rigs and refuse to install it.

Reaction score
Well for everyone out there that has been trying to fix a no print or print preview problem with Internet Explorer I have found the answer to the problem. It’s a totally different fix not mentioned in any of the 100s of webpages I have been researching for over a month now. The most common fixs that DON’T work are listed below at least they didn’t work for me. Below them is how I fix it. I can’t believe that even Microsoft has no suggestions about this.
The dosen’t work section:
Scenario 1:
Your video card or video driver is outdated or corrupt. Note Outdated or corrupted printer drivers can also cause script errors when printing from Internet Explorer Scenario 2: You may not have printer permissions assigned Scenario 3: Protected Mode is enabled for the Internet security zone of the web page Scenario 4: There is an issue with temporary folders on your user account and the Low folder under the %TEMP% location has been deleted
My long awaited fix for no printing on Explorer. This is for Win 7 32 bit but should work with 64 bit Explorer too. Finally something different to try. It just so happens that when Explorer installs it often fails to resister some of it’s DLL files. There are complicated ways to register DLL files but I and going to give you a simple way to do it. First open My Computer and go to “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer” open up the folder “Internet Explorer” and click “type” to arrange the files by type. This puts all the DLLs together. Now double click on the first DLL. You will get an “open with” box. Click on “Browse” and go to “C:\windows\system32” and find the file called “regsvr32.exe”. Choose that file to open all DLL files. Now go back to the first DLL in the “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer” folder and double click on it. You will probably get an error message that it can’t be found. This only means it’s already registered and operating. Double click each DLL one by one and you will start to notice that some will say “registration successful”. Finish them all in that folder. This may not work for everyone but for Gods sake, its something new to try and it worked great for me.

Ask a Question