SOLVED can't load win 7

Reaction score
Hi every one I can't load windows seven on my Acer satelite ES1-173. when I change boot from UEFI to Legacey and place the setup disk into the drive A message comes up no boot etc what it ells me is it can't boot from that disk I have three different dvd with OS two ultimate and on pro. I also have two Usb with OS but they give the same problem. Also the USB 2 ports don't work in legacy either. but I have a disk withdrivers when Seven is running.

Reaction score
Hi Bassfisher Thanks for your reply I tried the instruction but still no usb in Windows 7 the thing what baffles
me is in Legasey or UEFI the USB works for windows eight but no seven. Still need help

Reaction score
Did this laptop come with windows 8? If so, down grading to windows 7 from 8, Acer may not have any 7 drivers for that OS on that model laptop.

Reaction score
Yes it came with windows 8 I have checked with Acer technical staff they inform me this model has no win 7 drivers and they will not supply compatable model drivers.
The model was made for curry's mainly It was oringinaly had a spec of 4 gig of ram 1 tb dual core cpu. this has 8gig ram and quad core cpu for curry's.

Reaction score
Hi thanks everyone for viewing my post and bassfisher for responding . I realise my unit is not windows seven capable so I have done the next best thing
added a start menu which gives all the same functions without being 7. So i will mark this solved.

Reaction score
Which start menu software did you end up going with. I've used ClassicShell and Start8 and I prefer Start8.

Ask a Question