Cannot update framework nor MSE due to error 0x80070643 or 643

Reaction score
You can see what's happening in the screenshots. Error 643 or 0x80070643 when trying to install Net framework or Microsoft Security Essentials. .
In the process i tried uninstaling MSE and installing the new version from the Microsoft's website but it didn't work and now i'm unprotected.
In the middle of the process I applied the "Take ownership" command to the ProgramData folder thinking that was a permissions issue but it didn't help.
I ran the System Update Readiness Tool and sfc /scannow. I remember having good results from sfc but the last results told me that there were some corrupted files that coudn't be fixed. SURT ran without any trouble.
I tried the FixIt from Microsoft but it didn't solve anything.

Edit: Here some updated info

I tried cleaning up Net framework with a cleanup tool from Aaron Stebner's WebLog.
Then i downloaded Net Framework 4.5 and installed without any issues.
The I tried to update to 4.5.1 and installation failed, same error.

Then I tried the Microsoft NET Framework Repair Tool but it didn't change anything
I send you some logs in case you need them

capture_1_error_643.png
capture_2_error_643.png

Attachments

Reaction score
Sorry guys but is this the kind of forum with mods reacting on a daily basis helping people? i've seen threads with people waiting more than a month for an answer :(

Ask a Question