Cannot create windows service for MySQL

Reaction score
When trying to install MySQL on Windows 7 (Home Premium) I get through most of the install procedure but always come up with the error stated in the title appended with Error 0.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reaction score
When trying to install MySQL on Windows 7 (Home Premium) I get through most of the install procedure but always come up with the error stated in the title appended with Error 0.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Error 0 is often ERROR_SUCESS ( == No error )
Perhaps the service is already existing, that's why you get an error 0 (ok), but message says it can't create it since it's already exists...

Run "mmc services.msc" and check if the mysql service is in the list....

Last edited:
Reaction score
There is a service mysql listed as being Start up Type Automatic but it's blank under Status.
I have stopped and deleted the service before and it appears this is as far as it gets in the install. That is, the mysql service gets partially created, since it appears in the list again after the install, but but it never gets completed, and started.

Reaction score
There is a service mysql listed as being Start up Type Automatic but it's blank under Status.
I have stopped and deleted the service before and it appears this is as far as it gets in the install. That is, the mysql service gets partially created, since it appears in the list again after the install, but but it never gets completed, and started.
What happens if you try to start the service manually then?

Reaction score
I can't find a mysql_start script. I manually run mysql_installservice.bat and get the following.
Installing MySQL as an Service
The system cannot find the file specified.
Install/Remove of the Service Denied!
Try to start the MySQL deamon as service ...
Press any key to continue . . .
System error 5 has occurred
Access is denied.
Looking at the installservice.bat file shows that there is no my.cfg or my.ini file.

Reaction score
I can't find a mysql_start script. I manually run mysql_installservice.bat and get the following.
Installing MySQL as an Service
The system cannot find the file specified.
Install/Remove of the Service Denied!
Try to start the MySQL deamon as service ...
Press any key to continue . . .
System error 5 has occurred
Access is denied.
Looking at the installservice.bat file shows that there is no my.cfg or my.ini file.
Ahh..

If you're running a script which needs admin privileges (and it DOES if it handles services etc), you must start the command prompt you're using As Administrator (right click on Command Prompt, and select "Run as Administrator"

That might help.

Reaction score
Yeh, that does make a difference, running the installservice now gives me a new error after starting the service. It fails to start with a System error 1067

Reaction score
I will try to follow one or more of the fixes posted ,
Thanks, I will post later what happened.

Ask a Question