can not search for updates !!!!!!

Reaction score
Hi all i have just put in a new motherboard. my PC is running really good now but every time i try to do updates all i get is windows could not search for new updates with a error code 80248015 can you help !!!!!!! please .:)

Reaction score
Ok now i feel really stupid the one thing i forgot to do is to make sure the time and date are correct.All working ok now thanks.

Reaction score
Indeed you are not alone!

Just wanted to mention that I encountered this very same "Code 80248015" error on my Win7-Starter netbook: nothing would update, couldn't connect to certain secure wifi networks, etc.

Turns out my date was set to the year 12010(?!). Not sure if this was caused by a previous Windows Update session gone bad, or the few restarts it took to get the machine properly booted, but once I saw this posting and fixed the date, all was good.

Thanks.

Reaction score
windows 7 update toshiba L500

windows 7 update toshiba L500 fix,
Yesterday whilst working on a friends Toshiba L500 x64 bit win 7 professional his windows update wouldn't update it was the update screen from what you get after Full format & Recovery (OOBE) out of box experience.

What my friend showed me was totally against Normal procedure I said Rodney that's awesome we tried updating,all we got was three error code results about why it will not update so here was all three error codes, I checked the time,date,win 7 firewall,Nortons firewall I checked everything then when Rodney Purches the owner took out all ticks at the change settings for auto updates all 4 boxes were empty, then WOW 21 updates all fine

.As soon as we re-booted it was same again back to same errors it wouldnt update and so we did same work around again clicked start,windows update,change settings,remove the tick from all four boxes click SAVE,go back to update screen,click check updates we found another five and then after that I was directed to windows update website where it then downloaded another windows update page which does read differently for windows and all microsoft products.

The OOBE WUP page reads windows only.I have tried this fix on two HP and 1 toshiba laptop all worked correctly and why I Just have not worked that part out yet but to this matter we have at least got the systems secure updated and working correctly.If anyone has any further comments regarding this issue please I welcome any input.

respectfully
jeffreyobrien

Ask a Question