SOLVED Can I mix W7 64 and 32 bit systems on same workgroup/

Reaction score
I think the question says it all bu I am uprading my old XP workgroup which currently has 7 PC on it. So far I have updated 3 machines with W7 32 bit and they all wqrk fine. Howeve one of he machines is used much harder than the others so I was wondering if it is worth updating that one with W7 64 bit (the machine is 64 bit ready) I would also then be able to use all the memory which is installed. Is it a good idea or even possible to mix on the same workgroup? - I will need to keep the workgroup in place as I will still have two XP machines which are needed for software compatibility reasons.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes you can mix them.

Are you getting W7 Professional 64-bit? If you get W7 Pro it supports Virtual PC - XP mode you would probably be able to run the XP software that has compatibility issues.

Reaction score
I will be getting W7 pro (not decided on 32 or 64 bit yet) but not thought of running under virtual PC - had been considering dual boot though. Really wanted to know if I can run 64 bit and 32 bit machines on the same workgroup.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes you can mix 32 & 64-bit in the same Workgroup

Ask a Question