Bypass 'Unknown Publisher' UAC popup?

Reaction score
I'm embarrassed to say this may be a Vista Q too, but I never had the prob there.

I have an app that I want to add to the Stat Menu's Startup folder. Every time the pgm runs at boot, UAC says 'Unknown Publisher' and 'Downloaded from Internet (it was). I don't want to turn off Win7 UAC, so how can I stop the complaints for this app? I set the 'run as admin' checkbox in Properties/Compat, but it didn't help.

Reaction score
I'm embarrassed to say this may be a Vista Q too, but I never had the prob there.

I have an app that I want to add to the Stat Menu's Startup folder. Every time the pgm runs at boot, UAC says 'Unknown Publisher' and 'Downloaded from Internet (it was). I don't want to turn off Win7 UAC, so how can I stop the complaints for this app? I set the 'run as admin' checkbox in Properties/Compat, but it didn't help.
I'm having exactly the same problem with launching RMClock, I tried to lower the UAC level but still got the pop-up. Anywhere can add it as an tursted appliaction to by pass UAC warnings?

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Same here:mad:. I would really like to know if there is a way to check the invisible "Please do not notify me again" box. :mad: :mad:

Reaction score
BetaMan, Are you saying this method doesn't work?

Go to Control Panel > Action Center, click on User Account Control Settings and move the slider down to Never Notify.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
That worked. I mean, I don't want to be notified for programs that I've already said "Yes, I would like to run this program". It's great that they notify me, but it gets annoying to click it every time I open a program.

Reaction score
So to me, it is looking like W7 may have improved UAC, but it still could use a bit more. There should be a way (that works?) to basically tell W7 that I (the user) trust this program, even if you (Win7) do not. It really seems like that was/is the purpose of the 'don't bother me with this message for this program any more' (or whatever the text) on the UAC popup.

Reaction score
Yes, but...

BetaMan, Are you saying this method doesn't work?

Go to Control Panel > Action Center, click on User Account Control Settings and move the slider down to Never Notify.
If you do that, you lose your desktop gadgets and can't even open up the gallery off the menu.

Reaction score
If you do that, you lose your desktop gadgets and can't even open up the gallery off the menu.
As most have found out if you disable the UAC (User Account Controls) the desk top gadgets don't work. I found the registy edit that lets you disable UAC and keep the desktop gadgets. I did reboot to see if it works and it does!

1. Open Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Sidebar\Settings
3. Create a new DWORD Value called AllowElevatedProcess
4. Set the value of the new DWORD to 1
5. Close the registry editor. Your gadgets should work now. No reboot or anything necessary.

Reaction score
Is it not possible to somehow approve an app so I don't get the warning every time I open it? I'm really trying hard not to turn off UAC...

Ask a Question