BSOD

Reaction score
hi,
I experienced the BSOD three times in one day while i was playing a game "league of legends" and sometimes while doing something else ,this probleme hasn t occured to me from like a year or a litle less but it came back, and i m having another probleme who just started a weak ago , after starting my computer and login in my administrator account a black screen with the mouse only "wich i can move" hangs for a while before i see the desktop , so maybe its related with the BSOD.
thanks for the time

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You have not installed SP1 which you need to do. You also should check for an updated video driver.

A Black desktop and delayed start may be a message from Microsoft that your copy of Windows is not Genuine; if so you will see a message in the lower right corner of the desktop saying "This copy of Microsoft Windows is not genuine". But if that is not the situation then consider disabling some of the programs in start-up that are not needed, such as automatic update programs for Adobe, Google, HP Printers, etc.

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the time
  1. How can i install the sp1 ,should i buy another windows ?and is it absolutely necessary?
  2. My drivers are all uptodate i checked that in my device manager and also in a good french website "if you want the link i can post it" and my windows is genuine ,
  3. I already tried to disable some programs in start-up , maybe should i disable more here is my start-up programs
PS: sorry for the bad english ^^ i m trying my best

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
#1 No you do not need to buy another copy. Service Pack 1 is free to Genuine Users. Just run Windows Updates and get
KB976932.

#2 Your video driver atikmpag.sys is from April 17, 2014. What is the model of your HP computer?

Oui -> Non
Oui HKLM:Run StartCCC Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Tous les utilisateurs "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\amd64\CLIStart.exe" MSRun

Non -> Oui
Non HKLM:Run HotKeysCmds Intel Corporation Tous les utilisateurs C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
Non HKLM:Run SynTPEnh Synaptics Incorporated Tous les utilisateurs %ProgramFiles%\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
Non HKLM:Run IgfxTray Intel Corporation Tous les utilisateurs C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
Non HKLM:Run Persistence Intel Corporation Tous les utilisateurs C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe

Oui -> Peut-être Non
Oui HKCU:Run ISUSPM Acresso Corporation hp "C:\ProgramData\Macrovision\FLEXnet Connect\6\ISUSPM.exe" -scheduler
Oui HKLM:Run Easybits Recovery EasyBits Software AS Tous les utilisateurs C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyBits For Kids\ezRecover.exe
Oui HKLM:Run HP Quick Launch Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. Tous les utilisateurs C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch\HPMSGSVC.exe
Oui HKCU:Run Akamai NetSession Interface Akamai Technologies, Inc. hp "C:\Users\hp\AppData\Local\Akamai\netsession_win.exe"
Oui HKCU:Run uTorrent BitTorrent, Inc. hp "C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe"

Reaction score
  1. i ran the windows update ; it says there is no new update , so i already have it or should i install it manually if yes , how?
  2. HP pavilion dv6 notebook pc

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
dv6- what?

As for SP1, you can run the Readiness Tool and the Troubleshooter. See HERE.

Reaction score
sorry but i don t get your point , tell me how to find the information you need

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Do the following so that we know the what type of computer you have and the spec.

1. Download hwInfo and run it.
    • Click on "Save Report"
    • Make sure the Export Format is HTML
    • Click "Browse" and select your "Desktop"
    • Give the file a name like MyComputer or your Forum username.
    • Click on Save
    • Click on "Next".
    • Click on "Finish"
    • Put the newly created MyComputer.html (Or what ever you decided to call it) in to a zip file and upload it to the forum.

Last edited:
Reaction score
here it is ,
i forgot to tell you also that my upper right side of my laptop near the ventilator become very hot after starting to work on my pc sometimes it burns my hand if i put it there , i already cleared my ventilator a couple times and it been fine for a while but it came back '( just tought it may be useful )' // and thanks for the time .

Attachments

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Laptops do get quite hot but there have also been some recalls, at least in the USA, for batteries or power cords that get hotter than they should. In fact several models of the DV6 were recalled for overheating power cords (AC Power Cord Safety Recall and Replacement Program (August 26, 2014)). You might check if such a recall applies to you.

It is also important to use your laptop on a smooth surface or even on a laptop platform with fans underneath. When placed on your lap or on a bed or carpet the materials can close in around the vents and make the laptop get hotter than it should.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,
With the dual video GPU's in laptops they can be very picky.

Are you able to let us know exaclty the model number of the laptop, link HERE to help. And let us know what country you bought it in.

Reaction score
Hi, sorry for the late answer
my model is not listed in the website you gave me do you need to know the product id? , and i bought it in morocco from a very popular black market (so the pc can be bought in other countries), not from hp provider.
and i found a trick for the black screen after login , i just end the explorer.exe process and start it and the desktop appears , is it bad idea? can this be harmful?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
In order to find the right drivers for your machine there needs to be more detail, "DV6" is not specific enough. There are various models like DV6000, DV6704nr, DV6-2155dx. Your problem seems to be the video driver so you need to update the video driver and install any game patches available for LoL.

Also the source of your computer, the fact that you don't see the SP1 update, and the black screen at start makes me question if your Windows is legal, even though you think it is. Killing explorer and then restarting it sounds like a hassle but it should not hurt your computer. A better option might be to extract your product key and completely reinstall W7 with SP1 ... but if your license turns out to not be genuine then you will need to go buy a legal copy.

Reaction score
thanks, here is my product number WN787EA#AB9 ,after a search on google it appears that its a dv6-3030sp but i m not sure

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Then if you keep getting BSODs you may need to wait for a patch to the game or a newer video driver or try an older video driver. And until you install SP1 we can't be sure the fixes it contains aren't contributing to your problems too.

Reaction score
i m not getting the bsod anymore btw ,like always it come and go when she want ^^ all i m stil getting is the black screen at the login

Ask a Question