BSOD--URGENT

Reaction score
I have an assignment to complete using Photoshop which is due pretty soon. The problem is after an hour or so of usage my pc goes blank and the Blue Screen of Death appears. What makes it even more annoying is that when ever Photoshop is on and the BSOD appears and after starting the Pc again the Photoshop files get corrupted, thus heavy loss of data. Mann this sucks.

Now I have been having this problem from quite some time, I have changed my RAMS, Upgraded my Graphic card but still this problem appears. A friend of mine suggested I format Windows to get rid of the problem. But I am confused. Could anyone please be kind enough to help me with this so that I can complete my assignment on time.

I have attached a picture of the BSOD. Thanks once again.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,
You need to upload a zip file containing mini dump files located in c:\windows\minidump.

Click my signature below for details.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Remove Daemon tools:

fffff880`0add53f8 fffff880`00ec4af8*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
sptd+0x4aaf8
Please update
Wacom Tablet?
wacommousefilter.sys Sat Feb 17 05:12:17 2007 (45D5F401)
Adobe file system?

adfs.SYS Fri Jun 27 06:52:37 2008 (48640195)
Hope this helps

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your reply. I did not get the Adobe System File part. What do I need to do with the Adobe System File??

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
A friend of mine suggested I format Windows to get rid of the problem.
I am glad you didn't listen to your friend. Formatting and re-installing is always a last resort effort.

I ALWAYS want to ensure I am feeding my system good power. So whenever a broken PC comes across my bench, I swap in a known good PSU to see what happens.

This could also be heat related. Is the interior clean of heat trapping dust and dirt?

As far as your data files being corrupt, I recommend you get into the habit of doing a "Save as..." regularly to ensure your latest changes are not lost.

Reaction score
Firstly I need to thank you all for being this kind in replying to my problem. Secondly- I got rid of Daemon tools and updated my Wacom Drivers and my Pc was giving me no problem for two days in a stretch. UNTIL LAST NIGHT as I was about to switch it off.....the BSOD pooped up again.
I do not think it is a heating issue as my computer was in the air conditioned room which kept the temp low. I still need to Update my Adobe Master Suite as recommended by Shintaro. I have attached my dmp files. Thanks once again for all the help, you guys are great.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I do not think it is a heating issue as my computer was in the air conditioned room which kept the temp low.
Ambient (room) temperatures certainly play a key role in computer cooling. But don't assume because the room is cool you don't have a heat issue.

I ask again, "is the interior clean of heat trapping dust and dirt?" It does not take long for the case fans to pull in enough dust to blanket all your heat sensitive devices, heatsinks and fans enough so they overheat - even in a refrigerated room.

Reaction score
guys thanks once again for the replies. I have removed two of my one gb gskill Ram as they were giving me trouble some time ago and now am operating of two, two gb Ram Corsier Ram cards that I purchased recently. I have slightly removed my cpu compartment so that air circulation is more efficient thus reducing temps. But then again I got the BSOD. Mann.....So now as suggested I am uninstalling my Adobe Cs4 as I see that I get my Bsod when I am running Photoshop Cs4 and am running Cs6, plus I am updating my graphic drivers.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I have slightly removed my cpu compartment so that air circulation
I don't understand what you mean. The CPU does not have a "compartment". Do not confuse the CPU (central processing unit - a computer "chip" or integrated circuit device, with the computer "case", the big box that houses your computer components (including the CPU).

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I meant the computer case. My bad, apologies.
It is a common mistake with roots going way back. I don't know who first pointed at a computer case and said "CPU", but it stuck. My guess is some naive journalist writing about something he knew nothing about and he failed to learn the terminology before reporting on it. :(

So are you saying you have the side panel of your PC case removed? If so, is it clean of heat trapping dust?

Reaction score
Guys hows it going. It all felt good for me for a while till the BSOD popped up again, mann i actually thought I got rid of this problem. This problem seems to be popping up at random. Once again I am in a position in which I really have no clue which direction to head. Can somebody please help me. For some reason I cannot attach my latest Dmp Files as there is a server error. Will try once again attaching them. I also found this link, I was wondering if it were any good in solving my issue.
http://bluescreenofdeathfix.net/bsod-repair-install.php

I was asked to update my graphic driver previously, but when I did that I had some serious lag issues with my wacom tablet on Photoshop thus reversing back to the old version.

Thanks in advanced.

Ask a Question