BSOD system service exception

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Okay so I will be browsing the web completely fine, the website loads fine and then out of nowhere my pc will blue screen saying System service exception.

I have looked around at some other forums, they recommended using memtest86 to check if there are any faults with my ram. I have done this and it returned with no errors.

On another thread they were told to enable minidumps and then upload them as a .zip file. I have but I am waiting for another blue screen so I have a file to upload.
Hopefully someone can help me in the meantime with the information I have provided

Pc is custom built :
CPU.PNG
GPU.PNG
Mainboard.PNG
RAM Slot 2.PNG
RAM Slot 3.PNG
RAM Slot 4.PNG
RAM.PNG

Shintaro

Reaction score
Welcome to the W7Forums.

I'll move your thread over to the Crashs, BSODs and Debugging forum.
Have a look in the c:\windows directory for files ending in .dmp Or simply do a search.

So as a standard practice please do the following:

1/ Please download and run Windows Defender Offline. It will create a CD / DVD / USB and will boot and scan your hard drive offline.
2/ Download and run TDSSKiller.
3/ Install Malwarebytes (Free Version) and scan your computer.
4/ In CPU-Z go to the "About" tab and save it as a txt (text) file. Upload the text file to the forum.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Cheers mate,
The reason I ask people to do those scans is because BSOD's can be caused by viruses.

Shintaro

Reaction score
If your computer has been crashing and depending upon the setting you may have 1 crash file or more.
Could you please look in:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump
C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG

Look at the time stamps and put the last 2 in a zip file and upload them please.

Reaction score
C:\Windows\Minidump There is no Minidump folder in that directory

C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG is empty

C:\Windows Not sure about this directory as I am not sure what file I am looking for? Could I have a name and/or file type please?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

What you are looking for is any file that ends with dmp.

Open a command prompt as Administrator and type in:
Code:
cd c:\windows
dir *.dmp /s /p

Attachments

Reaction score
There is no .dmp file in C:\Windows

But am I right in thinking this is because I have not had the PC blue since I turned on Minidumps a few hours ago? And if I am correct is there any way I can force it to bluescreen with the same error therefore creating a .dmp file for you to look at?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Hmm, that's interesting.

Anyway, have you updated all the patch's from Microsoft? Windows 7 Service Pack 1?
And do you have the latest drivers for your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770?

What browser do you have? And is it the latest version?

In regards to making it crash just do what you were doing previously that caused a crash.

Reaction score
No I have not updated Windows, its totally not pirated or anything...

Yes I have version 335.23, the latest drivers the GTX 770

I use Google Chrome and it is version 34.0.1847.116 m
Not sure if the version of chrome I have is the beta? The BSOD only happens when web browsing, not while gaming or using word or whatever.
But I have searched the internet and have found out no way of telling if the version of chrome you have is the beta or stable release.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Then mate, as a bare minimum, you need to Install Windows Service Pack 1.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

How did you go? Did you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1?

Reaction score
Hi,
I did not install Service pack 1
As I have looked up whether it would be okay for a pirated version of windows to be updated and came to the conclusion that it would break it...
So I am not sure what to do now.
My PC has still not blue screened since I posted on this forum. It seems to be completely random.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Lukazade, as per our terms and rules, we don't deal with any illegal/pirated software:

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
I'm locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question