BSOD problems.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've never been on here before but I'm having some problems with my computer and felt I should really ask the experts, any help would be really appreciated.

Basically for the past two days I've been experiencing blue screens, though I don't actually see a blue screen.

My system specs. are:

GB x58a-udr3 motherboard
Intel i7 930 2.8
Corsair 850 w modular power supply
12 GB corsair DDR3 @1600mhz
2 Nvidia 580 GTX cards in sli
and a somewhat complicated sound setup.
I also have 6 separate HDD, but the OS is isolated on an M4 124gb SSD by Crucial.

Either way, here is the message that Windows gives me:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800CBDC010
BCP2: FFFFF880100F6AA4
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

I have heard that it's important to have the mini dump file, so I will attach it to this post, I have also run a dxdiag and enclose it.
Thanks very much for your help in advance.

D

p.s. I have just tried to add the mini dump file to this page but it comes up as an invalid file type.

Attachments

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps
http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lo...op-0x116-video_tdr_error-troubleshooting.html

Reaction score
Thanks for the help mate, I already had a mess around with it and found that it was caused by dxgkrnl.sys, had a play with my drivers, ran a sweep and generally gave it a tidy and it SEEMS (fingers crossed) to be working ok.

Thanks for posting =).

D

Ask a Question