BSOD 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Reaction score
And most likely not the only ones. I've always gotten blue screens, can't seem to pinpoint the cause but it seems to have gotten worse lately.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Not all the DMPs, but some, mention your video driver so I suggest you at least update that at NVidia if available:
nvlddmkm.sys 7/2/2014 12:42:25 PM and see if it helps.

But most important, make sure you are using the proper settings & voltage for your RAM and then run memtest86+ to see if you have bad memory chips.

Reaction score
Not all the DMPs, but some, mention your video driver so I suggest you at least update that at NVidia if available:
nvlddmkm.sys 7/2/2014 12:42:25 PM and see if it helps.

But most important, make sure you are using the proper settings & voltage for your RAM and then run memtest86+ to see if you have bad memory chips.
Is there any way I can send you a list from my Event Viewer? It's strictly my fault, but I don't let the dump finish a lot of the time, you'd otherwise be seeing a LOT more.

Regardless of that, how would I know if I'm using the proper settings and voltage for my RAM? Where would I look for that? I can see if the video driver needs an update (usually Windows Update takes care of those things) and Memtest86+

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Find a copy of CPU-Z and run it. screenshot the memory tab, then screenshot the spd tab for each slot of RAM

Reaction score
Find a copy of CPU-Z and run it. screenshot the memory tab, then screenshot the spd tab for each slot of RAM
Alright, here you go, Slots 3 & 4 are not being used, so there's no data.

You never responded to my first question though. I wanted to show all of my BSODs, but I restarted the computer before it could complete the dump file.

Memory.png
SPD Slot #1.png
SPD Slot 2.png

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I didn't reply to the event viewer because I don't know what to suggest. Is there something you see that seems off? If so post a screen shot.

Your RAM settings look correct as long as in your BIOS it is set to 1.5Volts but I would suggest running Memtest86+ overnight to check the RAM for errors if you have always had this issue since you bought/built/or changed RAM in the machine.

Reaction score
I didn't reply to the event viewer because I don't know what to suggest. Is there something you see that seems off? If so post a screen shot.

Your RAM settings look correct as long as in your BIOS it is set to 1.5Volts but I would suggest running Memtest86+ overnight to check the RAM for errors if you have always had this issue since you bought/built/or changed RAM in the machine.
I'll run Memtest tomorrow, but here's a copy of my Event Viewer, filtered to show only BugChecks. There's 117 of them (some duplicates) starting last May (There were more pre-May, but I probably formatted or something, I forget)

I assume you do have Event Viewer, maybe you could have a look, those four Dumps are just the tip of the iceberg.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The events pretty much just say a DMP was created or it wasn't. It's the DMPs that actually have the real information.

Is this a new computer that always had trouble or an old computer with recent problems?
New computers check for bad RAM. Old computer w/ new probs should be scanned for viruses.

Updating your drivers is always a good idea.

Reaction score
The events pretty much just say a DMP was created or it wasn't. It's the DMPs that actually have the real information.

Is this a new computer that always had trouble or an old computer with recent problems?
New computers check for bad RAM. Old computer w/ new probs should be scanned for viruses.

Updating your drivers is always a good idea.
Depends on what you mean by 'new'
I got this built in 2010, so it's going on 5 years. The BSODs have been going on for a while, a lot longer than I have the events listed for, the DMPs are probably long gone, I use CCleaner.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Basically, if it worked fine a year and you have not added/changed RAM then it is probably not a memory problem so then you look at drivers and viruses.

Reaction score
Basically, if it worked fine a year and you have not added/changed RAM then it is probably not a memory problem so then you look at drivers and viruses.
I know it's not viruses, I've always been clean in that area. And I don't know if it's always been fine but there's no way to check now. All I know is it apparently got worse.

But I think there was an issue with a Logitech camera driver at one point

Reaction score
This same error code happened on my fiances PC, she got the BSOD with the memory management code about 10 minutes after changing her page file size, I changed her pagefile option back to system managed and the BSOD didn't happen again. Dunno if yours is the same sort of issue but just thought I'd write this message just encase.

Reaction score
Well, I ran Memtest finally, when I got the CD set up correctly, went through 6 passes with absolutely no errors. Ran a full virus scan the other day as well with nothing.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well that's good. Look at updating your drivers. Go to the manufacturer of the video card and update that, go to the computer or mobo manufacturer and update those drivers, and go to the manufacturers of any peripherals and update those.

Reaction score
Well that's good. Look at updating your drivers. Go to the manufacturer of the video card and update that, go to the computer or mobo manufacturer and update those drivers, and go to the manufacturers of any peripherals and update those.
Updated everything I could, will be running Windows Update at some point as well, to see if it catches anything else. Also uninstalled my webcam, I don't use it anyway. Did have a bluescreen when I was first trying to install the video card driver, but I did manage to get everything updated (if it needed to be)

Will keep you posted on any more bluescreens.

Reaction score
Interesting, I'm still not sure about my drivers, but I got another bluescreen yesterday "PFN List Corrupt." After looking through codes online, I am guessing that these two bluescreen types I am having are related and therefore it's likely that the same problem is causing both.

I am currently running a scan and will be running checkdisk at some point as well.

Reaction score
Um...

"Cannot repair member file [l:34{17}]"netcorehc.dll.mui"

Shintaro

Reaction score
Can you post the crash dump file to the forum please.

Reaction score
Are you still there? It's been 2 weeks and I've had several BSODs in one day.

Ask a Question