Browse For Folder

Reaction score
"Browse For Folder"

This box has somehow dropped partially below the task bar and after I find the folder I have to move it up each time to see and click OK. How do I move it back up and keep it there. I can move it but the next time its down again.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
First off, what are you doing that brings up a "Browse for folder" window? There are 1000s of applications that could bring up a folder selection window.

By any chance do you have multiple monitors? Right-click on an empty spot on your desktop and select Screen Resolution. Make sure your current monitor is set up as display #1.

Reaction score
No only one monitor and it is #1, now I wil have to watch to see what it is that I'm doing when this happens. I think I know but that would be a guess.

Reaction score
It happened again today, I was copying a DVD and it wanted to know what folder I wanted to save it in, I had to pull the Browse for Folder up to check OK.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OK so you were in some DVD burning software? What software was it?

Reaction score
I was using ImgBurn, AnyDVD programs but it does the same thing when I load pictures from my SD memory card or anything like that. The “Browse for folder” window opens with about ½ to 1 inch of the bottom below the task bar, Where I can’t see the OK box to select a folder until I pull it up. So far what I can"t seem to figure out is why and how to fix it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OK I think I found a likely solution. See HERE.

It requires you to manually edit the registry ... OR ...

Some people are not comfortable editing the registry. To make it a bit easier I put the edits into a .reg file and zipped it; you can just download and run this if you prefer. View attachment ResetExplorerBrowseFor.zip. When you try to run the zip file it should open to show you the .reg file I wrote. Double-click on the .reg file to run it. You will be asked to confirm that you want to allow it to change the registry.

Then try IMGBurn. If all is well then I suggest you shut down the computer and restart. Try IMGBurn again just to be sure the fix stuck.

NOTE: In general, do not allow programs to change the registry if you are unsure of the source. You don't really know me but I am a moderator here and wouldn't intentionally steer you wrong. Even so, instead of double-clicking to run the .reg, you can drag it to the desktop and open it with notepad before you ever run it if you want to check it out first. It is very basic, just to delete the two entries mentioned in the article I linked above.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet, I have been so busy with other things and the problem hasn't happened lately so I even thought about it. Hopefully I will be able to run the program soon, I will reply back when I do to let you know.

Thanks

Ask a Question