SOLVED Boot Probs

Reaction score
I cannot boot into BIOS (F12) on this machine. Nor can I boot from a bootable CD. CD/DVD is #1 in boot priority. This is a Toshiba Satellite L655.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Accessing the BIOS is machine specific, it is not always F12. For example on my computer it is F10, it can also be F1 or F2 or even the DEL(ete) key.

EHow says for a Satellite hit ESC and then F1 or F2 (depending what it says on your screen)

Reaction score
Accessing the BIOS is machine specific, it is not always F12. For example on my computer it is F10, it can also be F1 or F2 or even the DEL(ete) key.

EHow says for a Satellite hit ESC and then F1 or F2 (depending what it says on your screen)
Hi and thanks for reply. I suspect problem here is more than just Norton Ghost. I can't boot from any boot CD. When I tried getting into BIOS to check the boot priority, the PC wouldn't give me an option to enter BIOS. On restart, it just loads directly into Windows. I'm now thinking virus. Thanks.
PS: I like your train; is it Lionel?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I did reply to your other post about getting into the BIOS, I suspect you just need to hit the right key for that Laptop to reach your BIOS. Since the BIOS is maintained on a chip on the motherboard is is extremely rare that it is involved with a virus, normally you could replace (or reformat) all the hard drives, install a fresh OS, and an infected computer is perfect again. The problem is, people usually want or need things off the old hard drives and then you risk re-contamination.

<<OFF-TOPIC>>
No mine is not Lionel, I have the HO-scale Mark Twain Zephyr, Late version with a raised Mars light, manufactured by Samhungsa

Ask a Question