Bluetooth Dongle not visible anywhere

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a Microsoft bluetooth dongle that came as part of the wireless mouse & keyboard set. When i connect the dongle to my pc, it gets installed & the keyboard and mouse work fine.
BUT i cannot locate the device for the dongle on my PC. In windows XP the dongle appeared as a bluetooth device in control panels but i can't see this in windows 7. I looked under control panel -> hardware & sounds bbut there is no option for bluetooth listed there. I checked the devices but it's not there either.

I want to connect my phone & a different bluetooth keyboard to my PC and so need to find the bluetooth options in Win 7.

As mentioned above, the bluetooth dongle is a Micrsoft one and came as part of the Microsoft Entertainment Desktop 7000 Keyboard & Mouse. It should pick up other bluetooth devices but i need to figure out where the bluetooth settings are in windows 7.

So why can't i see a 'Bluetooth' devices option in control panel in win 7?
Can anyone help?

Regards,

Shuja

Reaction score
You might have to manually add it to. Open up hardware and sound then devices and printers and then click add a device. It should search and find the device then highlight it and then click add. Also check MS website for updated driver and any info that may tell you if that device can be used for other devices. You may have to email or even phone them for that info. Then again it might be some proprietary issue with the device which will only allow that particular mouse and keyboard to use that dongle.

Ask a Question