SOLVED Big error message

Reaction score
When I try to re-install Ancestry.co.uk after re-installing Win 7 I get the following error message, (Source file not found:C\PROGRA~3\{48439~1\program files\BCL Technologies\easyConverter SDK\bprgcomm.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it) I have no idea what this means, can anyone help. Thank you.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Basically it is looking for the file called "bprgcomm.dll" on the C: drive in the folder path "PROGRA~3\{48439~1\program files\BCL Technologies\easyConverter SDK" and it is not there. Search your computer for the file bprgcomm.dll and if you have it, take note of the path. Then try to install again and when it says not found choose browse and point it to where you found the file. If the file is not found then you are missing files the program needs to continue - check the CD or download site for more files.

Reaction score
Basically it is looking for the file called "bprgcomm.dll" on the C: drive in the folder path "PROGRA~3\{48439~1\program files\BCL Technologies\easyConverter SDK" and it is not there. Search your computer for the file bprgcomm.dll and if you have it, take note of the path. Then try to install again and when it says not found choose browse and point it to where you found the file. If the file is not found then you are missing files the program needs to continue - check the CD or download site for more files.

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice TrainableMan but I was unable to locate the file so did a re-install, it needed a spring clean anyway. Problem solved.

Ask a Question