AVG Free Compatability

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Does it still allow you to install it?

I didn't see anything on the AVG website claiming it was compatible with WIndows 7 x64, or a 64-bit specific download.

Reaction score
Yes, I had no problems installing, it runs scans fine, checks incoming mail as normal, it is just that Windows 7 (well at least the x64) does not recognise it.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I'm running AVG Free on my 32 bit RC and it does install and work without any issues that I can see but windows 7 does state it cannot recognize it (that it is up to date and running properly) but just like XP there is an option to turn off windows 7 from monitoring it, whih is what I'v done.

Reaction score
Thanks for that, at least we know it is both versions. I also have turned off the feature, avoiding messages.

Reaction score
:)

I'm running AVG Free on my 32 bit RC,installed and working great ,no problems ,checks my mail 2 .

Reaction score
I would recommend using Avira Antivir 9 Personal Free Edition. Works great and I belive actually works better than AVG! It can be found at avira.com

Ask a Question