SOLVED Automatic windows updates

Reaction score
When I go to Windows Updates and click on check for updates it tells me that it cannot check for updates because the service is not running so I go to change settings and click on install updates automatically then click on OK and it goes back to check for updates which I click on and it tells me that it cannot check for updates because the service is not running. Help???

Reaction score
One thing that catches me off guard is the time and date. The time and date must be set correctly for Windows Update to work. I forget which error is given, so I can't say if it is even relevant to your issue. But it is a starting place.

Reaction score
One thing that catches me off guard is the time and date. The time and date must be set correctly for Windows Update to work. I forget which error is given, so I can't say if it is even relevant to your issue. But it is a starting place.
I just synchronized the time with windows time. I will check windows update now. Thanks

Reaction score
Still giving me the same message when I click on Windows Updates: Cannot check for updates because the service is not running

Reaction score
Wish I could help further, but services is not my area of expertise. I never turn them off, never have issues with them, and rarely see anyone with issues about them. I did have a look around on my machine for something that might be of help, but came up empty handed. I'm probably just not looking in the right place. Anyway, good luck finding a fix.

Reaction score
Wish I could help further, but services is not my area of expertise. I never turn them off, never have issues with them, and rarely see anyone with issues about them. I did have a look around on my machine for something that might be of help, but came up empty handed. I'm probably just not looking in the right place. Anyway, good luck finding a fix.
Thanks for trying!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Have you disabled or removed any services ? Do you use a program that optimizes your system or makes programs such as games run faster?

Have you tried Microsoft Fixit for Windows Update?

Type services.msc in to the start orb > search box and hit enter.
Is Background Intelligent Transfer service Started?
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) & RPC Endpoint Mapper?
and of course, Windows Update?

Reaction score
Have you disabled or removed any services ? Do you use a program that optimizes your system or makes programs such as games run faster?

Have you tried Microsoft Fixit for Windows Update?

Type services.msc in to the start orb > search box and hit enter.
Is Background Intelligent Transfer service Started?
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) & RPC Endpoint Mapper?
and of course, Windows Update?
Thank you. The problem has been fixed. NoelDP in SevenForums helped me.

Reaction score
What was the solution?
He gave me elevated command prompts to run and then asked me to go to the event viewer to copy the application log and system log then he said that there was problems with network services so there might be a problem with the winsock catalog. He gave me another elevated command prompt to run and then everything seems to work OK

Ask a Question