Audo fading in and out. PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site so please don't get upset if I'm asking a question that's already been asked before. I've had this issue for a while now and it's really getting on my nerves! After listen to music for an extended period of time, I will notice that the sound will start fading up and down. Regardless of the volume. I thought at 1st it was because I was playing it too loud for too long and the sound card was getting hot, but it does it as well when listening at a normal level. Plus, I have the Bose Companion 5 speaker system that doesn't even go through the SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme Audio card. It is a USB plug n play system. Any suggestions??? Please help, this is driving me NUTZ!!!!!!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
My best guess would be a hardware issue, but you could check the manufacturers website to see if there are any updated drivers for your soundcard. I see there are some drivers/software from Febuary 2014 at Creative, are you using those? Also make sure the software you are using to play the music doesn't do any volume normalization.