Audio problem

Reaction score
Hello,

I have ASrock G31M-S motherboard, with Intel G31 +ICH7 chipset. My operation system installed is Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bits).

I've downloaded and installed driver version 6.0.1.7500 and activated the VIA HD Audio Deck. But when I connected the audio cables - the program freezes and enters the "not responding" mode.

Is there any solution for this problem? I want to configure my speakers to work in 5.1 and seem unable to do so.

Yoav.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Welcome ygeva to the Windows 7 Forums website! :ciao:

You probably need to go to the Contol Panel, then Sound. Check to make sure your speakers are enabled there. You may have to configure them there to get them to work.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I've downloaded and installed driver version 6.0.1.7500 and activated the VIA HD Audio Deck
From where? I do not recommend using the drivers from VIA as those are basically generic drivers. Motherboard makers often customize drivers for that specific board. Therefore, you should always get the latest drivers for integrated motherboard devices from the motherboard maker's website.

Any errors in Device Manager?

Also there is a bug somewhere because on a couple Win7 systems, in order to get 5.1 audio, we had to select 7.1, then disable the unused channels in order to get the back speakers to work. Very strange, but it worked.

Ask a Question