SOLVED Audio Problem WIN7 32

Reaction score
I use ASUS R051PX Netbook. Since four days, the built-in speaker is not functioning. Expanding Sound, video and game controller in DM, shows only Icons of (i) Blue tooth hands-free audio & (ii) HSPAData card USB audio control. Realtek HD Audio Control icon is not shown. How can I get it back ? THX.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Try installing the Realtek ALC269 Audio Driver V6.0.1.6373 Dated 2011.05.31 from HERE

Edit: That link was for an ASUS 1015PX as in your system specs but the R051PX uses the same driver, see HERE

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did the driver install?

What do you see if you go to Control Panel>Sound ... Playback Tab ? Make sure your speaker is set as default. You can also click Properties and then from the General Tab click properties again ... does it say the driver is working correctly? You can also go to configure and hit TEST.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What is that HSPADatacard USB ? Are those external speakers? Maybe a modem? Just curious because I do not believe THAT could be your internal speaker, therefore it isn't installed.

It says it did maintenance but it doesn't say it installed anything. I believe you should see a third item in sound, video and game controllers that says "High Definition Audio Device" but that isn't there.

I'm really at a loss here. The only thing I can think of is that if the speaker controller inside broke then the driver probably wouldn't install because it can't see a device that needs it.

How old is the netbook? Still under warranty?
Have you tried ASUS support?

Maybe others will come along with an idea to try.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm curious, does anything happen if you go into the Vista subdirectory under 6373_PG322_Win7_Vista_XP and run RtlUpd.exe?

Reaction score
HSPAdatacard USB - seems to be external speaker. The speaker icon at system tray overlapped by a X whenever no USB port is used . I have noticed this phenomenon as and when i disconnect 3G DATA card from USB port.

I wonder what could be other option for sound.

I also believe speaker controller has gone faulty from inside.

The Netbook was purchased on Aug 2011. Yes it is still under warranty period of 1 year. No, i have not contact ASUS as i wanted to try it for myself. I think i will try reinstalling WIN7 but not sure if it has parition or else i need extra hardware.
If this fails , i would surely call ASUS.

Reply for Your next post.
I could not find any <RtlUpd.exe> file in the sub-directory.

Thanx for spending your time to sort out problem.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OK, so the first one, your built-in networking connection is likely wi-fi w/ bluetooth and this would be for bluetooth sound (such as a bluetooth headset) and the second is your 3G Data card, so you definitely are not showing an internal speaker driver.

As for the RtlUpd, it is under the Vista directory, see here:
RtlUpd.jpg

It is possible the driver just has not installed properly or it could be that it needs another driver that allows communications to the speaker driver so it still could be a driver issue. But worst case scenario is that the internal speaker is physically broken in some way.

Since you are still under warranty I would definitely take advantage of the tech support and see if they have any ideas/suggestions or maybe some test programs to determine if it is a hardware failure.

Reaction score
Hi!
Y-day I opened DM when Window updates were finished and found that Realtek HD Audio was back in Sound Video & Games Controller. But it showed no driver was installed. Earlier I downloaded " Realtek ALC269 Audio Driver V6.0.1.6373 Dated 2011.05.31 " as suggested by you. I installed it and sound from internal speaker was back. Thx a lot for your help. Please intimate what was the root cause of this phenomenon in your opinion. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Just a guess but I would say you had a communications driver missing as well as an audio driver and that the Windows Update fixed the communications driver so that at that point the computer could see your sound card; then when you ran the Realtek driver install that fixed the Audio driver as well.

Other less happy possibility is that there is some hardware issue such as your audio cards connection is loose and it will work sometimes but go out others.

Let's hope it was the first thing and that now you are all fixed.

Ask a Question