Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Yeah it's a good burning program for sure! I have used both Ashampoo and Power2Go.

Power2Go recently came out with version 7 after several years of version 6, so I'm playing around with it to see how I like it.

The Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 is a good feature-laden software and easy to navigate.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Imgburn is better, free too.
There is no bigger fan of Imgburn than me! But,,,,, there are many things that it doesn't do.

I thought I'd post about this for anyone on the forum that may be interested. Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
There is no bigger fan of Imgburn than me! But,,,,, there are many things that it doesn't do.

I thought I'd post about this for anyone on the forum that may be interested. Thanks for your input.
Hmm, true, but the most of the "typical" things can be done.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hmm, true, but the most of the "typical" things can be done.
+

I use ImgBurn for a few specific burns such as ISO, BIN and other type of image files. It is highly configurable for sure and I appreciate that in such a simple free program, but it is very basic and really just a bread and butter program.

It's great for burning copies of video DVDs as it maintains the layer-break on dual-layer discs. It also verifies too.

For burning of data, audio, photos, docs, etc., Ashampoo is much better and so is Power2Go. Plus you can create custom video and audio discs with those programs.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Ashampoo does make good software. On the notebook that I had previous to the one that I have now, it came installed with an earlier version. Although at the time, I did little burning, it came through the few times that I used it.

My desktop came stock with Power2Go, although it isn't the full version, it can do a lot, and is probably the best software that was preinstalled on computer. I burned my recovery discs with it, when it was new in November, with no problem.

Img Burn, I have it on every install of Windows that I have, for the most part, it meets my needs. It is an essential tool for anyone to have.

However, yodap created this thread to alert us to a really good software, and the other brands being mentioned is taking away from his thread. I once subscribed to the GAOTD, but I was flooded with offers of useless software, only once in a while a good one came along. Then when something good did come along, the servers were overburdened with requests, and I missed out a few times. Therefore, I unsubscribed from their mailings.

yodap, thanks for thinking of us.:)

Cat

Ask a Question